New Year 7 starts - Colyton Grammar School Sept 2010

Eleven Plus (11+) in Devon

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Scrumpy

New Year 7 starts - Colyton Grammar School Sept 2010

Post by Scrumpy »

Our DS starting at Colyton in September, is in Oak House (7 0ak) - Yey! :D :D :D

Unfortunately he missed the Familiarisation Day on Wednesday 30 June, as he was on a Year 6 Activity Holiday in the South of France, and so didn't get to meet anyone from his form or year group. He has only met two boys vaguely, who we are delighted to say are also in 7 Oak, but apart from that, doesn't know anyone at all. :( :( :(

Is there anyone out there whose Ds or DD is in the same position? :?:

Did your DS go to the Fam'Day ggd? If so did he enjoy it :?:

Would love to hear from anyone :!: :!: :!:
ggd

Re: New Year 7 starts - Colyton Grammar School Sept 2010

Post by ggd »

I hope your DS enjoyed his trip to France, what a shame the events clashed!
My DS did go and really enjoyed it. :D He is in Cedar and came home with a list of new cotacts (including someone from Oak). He seems to think Oak and Cedar work more closely together.
He is really looking forward to September! :D :D
rainbow

Post by rainbow »

Glad your son enjoyed the familiarisation day, ggd. Oak and Cedar do work together in Year 8, and indeed from the start of Year 7 are grouped together for school trips etc.

My son is just going into Year 9 (Oak) and his friends now span all four houses - they also make friends through clubs, the school bus, other kids etc.

Scrumpy - don't worry about your son missing the familiarisation day. My son went but didn't particularly enjoy it - needless to say we were almost paralysed with fear on the first day of term! However we needn't have worried, his first day went really well, he came out smiling and with new friends (all of which have now changed several times!) and has never looked back since!
happymum

Post by happymum »

Rainbow - can you believe our two are heading into year 9 in September? It doesn't seem 5 minutes ago that we were posting about them starting year 7.
Scrumpy

Post by Scrumpy »

Only 5 days till DS starts Colyton Grammar! He can't wait! We are all so excited!
:D :D :D
rainbow

Post by rainbow »

Hope everybody's DC had good first days yesterday - and that you survived the first day blues too!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now