Big Fat Birthday Party

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
pheasantchick

Big Fat Birthday Party

Post by pheasantchick »

Did anyone see this programme last night? Some of the parties were a little extravagent! If the children are having huge parties at age 8 or 10 years old, what have they got to look forward to for their 18th or 21st?
sherry_d

Re: Big Fat Birthday Party

Post by sherry_d »

It was just unbelievable and I wondered how much they would spend on weddings.

It made me realise there are people who just have too much money and dont know what to do with it :(

I felt sad for some of the mums it looks like they are so insecure in themselves and trying to get some approval from other people by doing extravagant. The felt the one who separated from her patner who said she didnt want to grow up was perhaps trying to suck everything she could from that guy.
Impossible is Nothing.
zorro

Post by zorro »

DS and I watched this- I was horrified! He has been to 10 barmitzvahs this academic year and said that only one of them was on the same scale as the one shown, most of them are far more modest!
That seperated lady was completely off with the fairies! Pity she didn't have a girl as by the time her son is 10 or 11 he won't tolerate her silliness any more whereas a little girl would love it!
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

zorro wrote: Pity she didn't have a girl as by the time her son is 10 or 11 he won't tolerate her silliness any more whereas a little girl would love it!
Even a little girl wouldnt tolerate that. She is a child herself. Did you hear her saying she always asks her son what to wear? Its just two children one in her 40s and one about 10 living in the same house and living a rather fantasy life. :lol:

Out of interest which school would allow that hairstlye? Is he in a state or prep schools? I missed that bit.
Impossible is Nothing.
zorro

Post by zorro »

Must be state school. No prep school would allow that hairstyle! :shock: :shock:
Maybelle

Post by Maybelle »

Horrific! I was left feeling that, perhaps, the children were the least important here? Some selfish parents just wanting to show off to their own cohorts. What kind of mind-set are they creating for their kids? We are creating a future of [potentially] disaffected adults... The child Anton, especially? I was actually left feeling sorry for him. Sadly, it left me with a very bad taste... :(
Inside of every mother is a school girl wondering what the *ell just happened???
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Which channel was it on please? I missed it and would like to watch it on 'view again'.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Impossible is Nothing.
Milla

Post by Milla »

Saw about 2 seconds of it. Un-be-lievable. Of a stout little soul in glittery green, OMG-ing, as she sat in a pony and trap which pulsated with blue LED lights. Truly hideous freakshow stuff. Quite a tussle as OH and I grappled for the remote control to be put out of our misery.
doodles

Post by doodles »

:shock:
Last edited by doodles on Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:24 am, edited 2 times in total.