New Letts NVR papers

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
trumpet

New Letts NVR papers

Post by trumpet »

Does anyone think these are easier than the previously published ones by GL assessment. My son seems to be scoring much higher on these. It might just be that practice has paid off but I wondered if anyone else thought the same.

Trumpet
sherry_d

Re: New Letts NVR papers

Post by sherry_d »

Hmm checked DD scores, we did 2 old and 1 new and she got a much higher score in the new paper, but it was the last we did so I thought it was practice too. Now that you have said it, I will have to keep any eye for any disparities. :?
Impossible is Nothing.
WatfordMum

Post by WatfordMum »

Letts published the previous Nfer/GL assessment papers, they have now independantly published their own papers, which are of a much easier level than Nfer/GL .
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

might be good to start off with? I haven;t seen them yet
RaineB

Post by RaineB »

Do you know if this is the same for the verbal reasoning as well?
abr

Post by abr »

We are doing Letts New papers : Paper C

For section 5 (odd one out ), Question 5, can someone please explain why the answer is "d" ?

As far as I could understand, the answer must be "c". In all others, the bottom half has more shapes than top one.
hbsmum

Post by hbsmum »

Hi. When i did it I thought the answer should be A as this is the only one where the shapes add up to an even number. However, I think their answer is D because it is the only one which doesn't have a group of 5. I hope this helps.
abr

Post by abr »

Thankyou hbsmum. Looks like there could be more than one way of finding the odd one out for this Q.
trumpet

Post by trumpet »

RaineB wrote:Do you know if this is the same for the verbal reasoning as well?
We have done both sets of of VR and NVR and I think the new ones are easier in both cases. Although it is hard to be sure as we did the Nfer ones a while ago and could just be improving as I said in the OP.

I would like to here more views on both.
abr

Post by abr »

DD has now tried both the old-GL Letts papers and the new Letts papers in Maths, Verbal and Nonverbal. We infact alternated between old GL papers and new Letts papers. But everytime, dd's score was a bit low in the new Letts compared to the old GL-Letts papers.