Admission for 2011. Filling out appl after the test results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

nina1on

Admission for 2011. Filling out appl after the test results

Post by nina1on »

may be silly quiestion, sorry. Regarding application for admission.The last day is 22.10.2010. If the child takes Bexley and Kent tests, than the results will be received BEFORE the deadline for the application. Than I can see how much my child scored on the tests and AFTER that fill out the admission form (where I have to put 6 schools). But when do we know what would be the pass score for the Bexley and Kent Grammar school?
Because for schools like St Olaves you fill out application )in October) and the test is in November. But for Bexley, Kent school you have your results before you fill out and you already have an idea which school you can put on your application and which is not (judjing by the score the child got)? Am I right?Thanks a lot
greenwichmum

Re: Admission for 2011. Filling out appl after the test resu

Post by greenwichmum »

As far as I understand it for Bexley and kent tests you will have the results and know what the pass mark is before you submit your application form. The bexley test letter gives the score, tells you what mark is needed and whether or not your child is "deemed selective".

With regard to the two Bromley schools, you will not have the result so if you want your child to attend one of them then you will just need to put it as your first chioce if it is your first choice. If they do not pass the test then you will be offered the next choice on your form where your child can be offered a place.

Hope that makes sense!
neurotic kent mum

Re: Admission for 2011. Filling out appl after the test resu

Post by neurotic kent mum »

You will know the pass mark for Kent but have no idea what score will be needed for the super selective schools. This is guess work and the product of many nightmares unless dcs final score is 420!