Points system for exam?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Boudicca

Points system for exam?

Post by Boudicca »

My daughter's just taken her first timed 11+ practice test here at home. She scored 78 out of 85 - we work it out to be about 91%. Is this enough?

If she's very young for the year (late August birthday) how do marks work? I've been told extra ones are awarded for younger ones. Are they right? If so how does it work?
patricia

Re: Points system for exam?

Post by patricia »

Dear Boudicca

I assume you have tackled the GL Assessment test papers. 91% is a good first test. However these papers are missing 6 types of question which are relevant to the Bucks test. She will gain extra marks but the actual amount will vary from year to year, it will not be a huge amount and should not be relied upon.

Which papers have you got?

Patricia
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

We've been a bit muddled with test papers but now have GL Assessment - all of of them. NVR, Maths, English and VR...

I have some Walsh papers and Susan Daughtrey too I think. What am I missing? What score should we feel pleased about?

Thanks.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Boudicca

You seem to have the incorrect pack from GL Assessment, you need the pack of 4 Verbal Reasoning Tests in multiple choice format, see following link..

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/books/list.php?g=f&c=1

Walsh are a tad too hard for tests, however you can use them in between testing, a section at a time.

Which Susan Daughtrey publications do you have?

The aim for testing is 90%

Take a look at the following link..

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =12&t=4782

Patricia
andyb

Post by andyb »

Boudicca wrote:We've been a bit muddled with test papers but now have GL Assessment - all of of them. NVR, Maths, English and VR...
Bucks 11+ is only verbal reasoning. You are doing too much.