Pupils on roll

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Guest55

Pupils on roll

Post by Guest55 »

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/schools/leade ... n_roll.asp

Numbers on roll in all schools - might be useful for 12+ or those wondering about cohort sizes - interesting!

Post by Guest »

Guest55

My daughter failed the 11+ the year before last and is now at a local school. She missed by 1 mark. Looking at your link in the above post (thank you very much) and the school i am interested in is Burnham Grammar, if i understand the tables correctly they only have 98 pupils currently in Year 7 with a 4 form intake (120?). Does this mean the school is not popular - i thought everyone was desperate for a Grammar and also if places were so available why dont they fill these up. I can understand needing to leave some free for 12+ and people who move but 22 spare places!!

Any explanations please

Burnham 12+ hopeful
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Guest

To keep up standards, Bucks Grammar Schools will only fill up spaces with children who have deemed to pass the entrance exam, either by...

1] Achieving 121 or more in the 11 plus exam

2] Being successful in a selection appeal

3] Successfully passing the Late Transfer test [12/13+]

The 2 foundation Grammars [ RGS and Beaconsfield High ] have their own entrance exams post 11 plus.

Patricia
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Numbers on roll in all schools - might be useful for 12+ or those wondering about cohort sizes - interesting!
MOST interesting Guest55 :wink: - well done for finding that!

Sally-Anne
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Yes! I was looking for something else when I found it - I didn't know this information was in the public domain -
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

It is amazing what information there is available when you aren't looking for it.

I recently Googled an old friend's name (out of the usual curiosity - where is she now?) and a whole series of highly confidential business documents appeared!