Good privtate schools in Kent Bexley,Bromley

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
nina1on

Good privtate schools in Kent Bexley,Bromley

Post by nina1on »

We are checking if we could afford private schools for DS: so far I have heard only of Eltham college, Sevenoaks school. Are there any other good private schools? Thanks a lot
Sorry, we are new to the area so the quistions might look stupid :0)
hermanmunster

Re: Good privtate schools in Kent Bexley,Bromley

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Nina -
Depends on various factors - how old is DS? what are his interests? how is he getting on at school? why you are considering independent schools? boarding / day / flexi ?

Let us have a bit more info and I am sure the ideas will appear....
nina1on

Post by nina1on »

Thanks for the reply. DS is in Year 5. We will try of course for Grammar schools but you never know :0). My DS problem that he is bright but sometimes makes silly mistakes which are so obvious, especcilay when he is rushing. Anyway, if we dont get him into a state Grammar school, we would go for a private school. He loves art, reading, writing ...wants to ba a designer or an architector. Very good in math.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Sevenoaks is quite competetive to get in and its really not a school you can use as backup to a grammar and its much harder for boys to get in at 11+ as they let in more girls at that stage and more boys at 13+ when most local boys prep schools end.

Its a very good school for the right child and it was my first preferance before looking at the school. It was a bit sad for me but we felt it wouldnt be right for my daughter after the visit. It has a very nice modern campus with a more grown up feel to it but its for a child who is self motivated who can just get on with it. Its a liberal school so its not like a typical public school eg when a child forgets or doesnt do homework no one will ask them. They expect the children to be self reliant which is really good but I didnt think my DD would cope with that as she needs more hand holding if that makes sense. Its certainly a GOOD school for the right academically able child so I would say go and see it for yourself and make your mind.

By the way is your child going into Year 5 or was he in Year 5? The closing date for Sevenoaks applications is 1 Sept and if its for 2011 entry you need to be quick.
Impossible is Nothing.
nina1on

Post by nina1on »

Thanks Sherry_D. I know it is a VERY good school.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G20_Schools
it is like Exeter in USA and certainly it is not a back up for Grammar! Would be glad so if he could get in. Are there any other good private schools in the area which I can use as a back up :0)?
My DS will be going to Year5 in September, so one more school year to go
doodles

Post by doodles »

There are lots of really good schools in the area but not sure how far you want to travel.
nina1on

Post by nina1on »

Not further than Sevenoaks, Tonbridge, Dartford. Ideally, of course, BR1-BR7 areas.... Are there any web sites with good private schools?
Thanks
doodles

Post by doodles »

There is -the Independent Schools Council and you can do a school search by postcode. Haven't really looked at it that closely but it may help.
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Not sure if it's in the right area for you, but have you looked at Colfe's (Eltham)? That was our back up in case ds didn't get into grammar school. I think it's a lovely school.
nina1on

Post by nina1on »

Thanks Bexley Mum. I will look their web site. It could be an option as we live in Chislehurst...
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now