Transport from Ilford/ Romford/ Gidea Park to WHSB/ WHSG

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Tapas123

Transport from Ilford/ Romford/ Gidea Park to WHSB/ WHSG

Post by Tapas123 »

My daughter starts at WHSG in September and I am currently looking into transport options. For peace of mind I have asked a friend who runs a fully licenced independent mini cab company to price up either 2 six seaters or an eight seater. From my daughter's previous school we already have interest for 4 children and are looking whether there would be any more interest to fill the cars up thus reducing costs further. We currently foresee 2 pick up/ drop offs, Ley Street Ilford then Balgores Lane Gidea Park but may possibly arrange for another maybe near Romford Brewery. For peace of mind we have an agreement that there is sufficient cover due to driver sickness/ breakdown etc. Please let me know if interested

Regards,
Lee.
HingHill

Re: Transport from Ilford/ Romford/ Gidea Park to WHSB/ WHSG

Post by HingHill »

Hi Lee,

My daughter starts at WHSG in September.We will be interested if there is a pickup point in Seven Kings. Please let me know the detail. Thanks.

Regards

Hing
Tapas123

Post by Tapas123 »

Well Ley Street runs straight through 7 Kings so that shouldn't be a problem. I have spoken to the taxi firm and if we can get 6 children...with you I think we have 5.....then I think it's going to work out at £50 a week per child, ie £5 each way every day. If we can get more interest then I think we can get the price down further. The other parents I have spoken to seem to be comfortable with that at least for the 1st term as it means their children will be home far earlier and can leave a little later in the morning as well as obvious peace of mind during such a stressful settling in period..
Please let me know.
Regards,
Lee.
waitingmum

Post by waitingmum »

Hi

My son will be starting WHSB in September and I am very much interested in a bus/taxi which will go through Hornchurch. Please let me know if you intend to go ahead with this plan as the start of the term is drawing near. Cheers.
Tapas123

Post by Tapas123 »

I am away at the moment but will try and tie things up when I get home next week. Could you get your boy across to Gidea Park/ Balgores Lane area? The taxi will go straight out on A127.

Regards.
SJDK1723

Post by SJDK1723 »

Hi Lee,

I have a niece starting WHSG in Sept and her mum is lookoing for some kind of transport from Ley St, is there anyway she can phone you for more info??

Regards,

SJDK
Tapas123

Post by Tapas123 »

Sure. Get her to e-mail me on******* and I will discuss.
Regards.

email address removed. Please correspond via PM
SJDK1723

Post by SJDK1723 »

hi,

Can you send me your e-mail through private message as i am unable to see it her.

Thanks
Hopefuldad

Post by Hopefuldad »

Hi

Did you manage to get this transport service of the ground ? Its time for my daughter to consider what schools to consider and WHS is on our radar but transport is a big -ve

regards
Tapas123

Post by Tapas123 »

Hi there. No, we are going with Maymist at the moment although it's not all plain sailing so should I get adequate numbers I could arrange an alternative.

Regards.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now