AGSB short story

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ermintrude

AGSB short story

Post by ermintrude »

Less than a month to go now and have just made a lovely multicoloured timetable for ds, poor little soul just wants to play football. It's just not fun.
Realised my timetable has no writing in it and although ds is not likely to redeem himself on the story if he can't make it through on the rest I thought we should have a couple of goes at it so it is not a complete shock on the day, especially as I think it is now before the maths paper and I wouldn't like him to embark on that feeling down.

Does anyone know what sort of questions they ask? examples of past titles would be really helpful as I have no idea on this (have not been using a tutor)

Ermintrude
Gman

Re: AGSB short story

Post by Gman »

The school uses GL Assessment papers which I believe is the new name for NFER. You can get copies of these from any good bookstore on the high street. Head to the education section (often next to the kids books section).

Also look at the AGSB website for info regarding the exam.
ermintrude

Post by ermintrude »

Thanks Gman,

it is just 20 mins of creative writing where they are given the beginning and have to finish the story, was just after an idea of the type of things they have used before - I didn't think this would be in the NEFR English papers, is it? if it is I will buy them, would like to be able to give him a couple of examples.
Gman

Post by Gman »

Contact the school admissions office direct. They often have sample questions you can get.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now