13th Birthday Party

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

onwardandupward

13th Birthday Party

Post by onwardandupward »

My daughter will be 13 mid Sept. We don't have a large budget, live in a flat with no garden and would like to think of a fun afternoon/eve prior to a sleepover. They are quite sophisticated! Last year her friend hired a stretch limo! (no way)and this year she's doing tea in a posh hotel...My daughter fancied a theme park but I think the cost would be astronomical. Any ideas? We live in London and she'll choose the number of friends going according to the activity.I'm quite aware we don't need to be topping anyone else, just doing something enjoyable and a bit more than cinema and pizza.
Chelmsford mum

Re: 13th Birthday Party

Post by Chelmsford mum »

We had a party for a 13th which was a sort of makeover party but nothing too hideous.They had nails painted, very light make up and hair curled and glittered.I shopped around on the net and found a cheapish company and then rang them and negotiated them down. If you knew a couple of willing older teens/ students they could probably do just as well.I think it worked out £8 a head. i limited her to 7 others so 8 in total.I bought economy pizzas and added my own extra toppings, economy snacks in bowls, a few pink balloons etc We made our invites and called it pamper and pizza evening. They loved it.
Sherbetlemon

Post by Sherbetlemon »

If you happen to be a Tesco shopper, have a look at the Clubcard deals. There are loads of theme parks and restaurants included. Otherwise, film (cinema or DVD) and pizza (restaurant or home). The fabulousness of the setting isn't the point - they'll enjoy spending time together (in my experience).
MasterChief

Post by MasterChief »

There was an article in the paper a few weeks ago about sleepovers at London zoo. Sounded cool
"We've got a date with Destiny and it looks like she's ordered the lobster."
ann3

Post by ann3 »

I agree with the makeover party, my daughter had one I managed to get a couple of teenagers to do the make up and hair - to be honest I was very lucky they brought their own make up I bulked it up with a few bits from Primark and then they had straightners and curling tongs - girls thought it was really cool because of the older girls and then another friend with a flash looking camera took photos in the garden but you could use the park or anywhere in your home, we had a singalong thing on the play station going at the same time with cheap food pizzas etc. Sent copies of the photos with the thank-you letters. Not as brave as you though sent them all home by 8 o clock!
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Do you ever watch 'Come Dine With Me'? Why don't you have dinner party? (With non-alcoholi cocktails etc)
blessedmum

Post by blessedmum »

Have you thought of a photo shoot party. the girls get light make up, all wear white tshirts (theirs) and have photo shoots. all the girls get a group photo each to take home and your dd gets a collection of pics. I think its btw £8-£10 per child.
overpeck

Post by overpeck »

L..sh the smelly shop do parties at approx £10 a head minimum of 8. They get a makeover/facemask and a goody bag to the value of £10 each. I am planning on this for my 12 year olds next party then probably food at home after. I am fed up with sleepovers so avoid them at all costs for any more than 1/2 friends at a time!!
londonmum

Post by londonmum »

What about a grown up "dinner party".

Girls can make elements like pizza, sushi, salad, elaborately iced cup cakes, or eton mess together. You might cook the main course. They can lay the table properly with napkins, candles etc. The cooking and eating should take up plenty of time. Perhaps make up and dress up as well. Then watch a DVD together and then bed.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Murder mystery party?
Making your own pizza party - prepare pizzas and a load of different toppings for them to add (only problem is getting them all cooked at the same time!), followed by latest DVD release? I think Pizza Express also do Pizza parties where they make their own pizzas and then eat them.
scary mum