graduation outfit

Discussion and advice on University Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

yoyo123

graduation outfit

Post by yoyo123 »

any ideas?

Miss Yoyo has no idea what to wear , she has bought a lovely dress, but it is short and patterned, looking at photos most people seem to be wearing white shirt and dark skirt/trousers. I would be willing to buy her these as they would double up for interviews

i wore a navy blue smart dress for both my award ceremonies (almost identical, but different dress...), but I was in my thirties and had post baby bulges.

Also i have bought a m&s per una, purple and white mid calf skirt and very smart t-shirt type top..is this posh enough? and will I be freezing on wednesday?

Decisions, decisions..I'm not good with them at the best of times!!
wonderwoman

Re: graduation outfit

Post by wonderwoman »

Someone told me they got dress instructions for their graduation. :o

I, rather surprisingly, took notice of outfits at my sister's graduation - must have been very boring for an 18 yr old :) So for my own wore smart trousers and plain cream shirt. I think the photos were quite good, but it would be boring without the gown. I do remember some people wore short skirts and they looked as if they had nothing on under their gowns :!:

Your outfit sounds lovely, if it's cold just wear thermals - have no memory of what my family wore, so they can't have been embarrassing.

Have a great day.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

thanks, surprisingly no info at all on the website.

for my graduation Miss Yoyo had a pair of jazzy orange shorts and a t shirt, but then she was only 18 months old!
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

I still have my Richard Shops V-back pastel floral summer dress that I wore for my graduation in 1985. And in my wildest dreams I can actually still get into it and do up the zip! :roll: :lol:
yoyo123 wrote: and will I be freezing on wednesday?
I would put money on the heatwave returning next week along with the start of the school term. :wink:
Marylou
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Enjoy your graduation and well done!
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

No doubt Miss Yoyo will be speaking with friends who are also graduating from the same uni and get some idea from them as to what they are wearing?

I myself wore white flowing trousers and a pale lilac silk overshirt (it was in May/June I think) for my son's graduation.

Really, there are so many people there and all wearing different things (mostly smart though) I don't think it matters too much, as long as you feel comfortable in what you're wearing.

Hope the sun shines for you and it's a wonderful day, I always get emotional when they throw their caps in the air. Anyone filiming it?
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

hadn't thought of filming it.

miss Yoyo's main concern is when she is going to eat! the ceremony is at 6.45 and she has to be there early to get robes etc.

always practical my daughter!
moved

Post by moved »

I wore a long red dress for my graduation. Still a long way off for DCs.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

she's bought a really smart tailored dress, which will also be good for interviews. decided to take both outfits nd decide on the day.

i think i'll do the same and pack my trusty linen trousers and long top..
jemima

Post by jemima »

Enjoy and congrats :D :D :D