LORETO UNIFORM

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tomx

LORETO UNIFORM

Post by tomx »

Hi
Has anyone had problems with Stevensons the sole suppliers of Loreto uniform we have had a nightmare trying to kit our grandaughter out

all we have to get now is the school skirt we have now been told that they are out of stock in her size and they are hopeing to be able to supply it before term starts we have been trying to get the uniform together since before the school holidays I think the school has got it wrong useing online or mail oredr suppliers can not be anything but trouble why Loreto could not use the local shop suppliers as before baffles me or maybe it is due to the size of the contribution to school funds that they make at the expense of hassle free shopping
TIDDLYMUM

Re: LORETO UNIFORM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Don't they sell them at Taylor and Cross- I am sure I saw the blazer there? Or Petit Modes in Sale?
tomx

Post by tomx »

They used to be suppliers but are not this year,
They do have a few remaining stock but not the size we require
and have inflated the price.
Skirt from stevensons is £27.00 from shawcross if they have it £39.99
anxious loreto mum

Post by anxious loreto mum »

Hi

I agree, we managed to get most items on the open evening but still waiting on a PE Skirt and socks - told they"hope" to have them before the start of term.

I was going to suggest you try Taylor n Cross I understand they have limited old stock until all gone but sounds like you have already tried. If just the skirt do JL or MS stock the skirt as only Navy ?
Otherwise have you tried the school, I'm sure I read they also have a small stock of some items .. but that could be my imagination.
:oops:
What form is your Granddaughter in ... my little one knows no one else going.... I keep having a bit of a panic but sure she will be fine, she does not seem at all phased by it. :?
tomx

Post by tomx »

She is lucky as she will be getting a lift into Altrincham each morning but will have to get the bus home

childs personal details removed by a moderator
used2beroche

Post by used2beroche »

We are having the same issues here. We have all except the gym skirt and school skirt.

Apart from the fact that I cant get what my daughter needs - the service itself has been shambolic - just one mistake after another.

- they have sent me two jumpers instead of one - I havent returned the extra as fingers crossed I will have two girls there next year!

- the account I set up on their website weeks ago has now been activated with my name and some other persons address - which is a little worrying...

- They called and left a message this evening asking me did I intend to order 2 gym skirts ands they assume I didnt and have canceeld one order - I only ordered one skirt - so now I am worried that the order has gone in for two gym skirts and no order for a school skirt has gone in!

I am going to call Stevensons tomorrow and if they dont have the school skirt - I will call the school and ask their advice. I dont have time to scour local shops for uniform between now and then - worst scenario is Ill buy a blue skirt from marks until the school one arrives.

my daughter is going to be in 7R - fortunately they have put the two other girls from her school in Knutsford in the same class.

Claire
used2beroche

Post by used2beroche »

Hi
Called yesterday and they had lost my order for a day skirt .... they put the order back in- and assured me it was being despatched yesterday. :x

Claire
tomx

Post by tomx »

They have lost our order also has been on order for weeks even paid for. Now they say we will not get her day skirt before she starts on the 3rd.. :oops:They have a skirt not a loreto skirt.and they can send me that for half price.
How nice of them.We are sick of this Company ..hope loreto reads this.. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
used2beroche

Post by used2beroche »

Dont - worry. I'll be telling Mrs Beever myself!

If I had two skirts - I'd give one to you ; as it is - the skirt we have is way too small - and we hava had to order another one - but keep the small one as the bigger one wont be here in time - hope she not measuring skirt length on day 1 - this is going to cost me a fortune!

Claire
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Hi

As a last resort, M and S do any outstanding value navy pleat skirt. Its £4 for an age 9 so I expect about £5-6 for a bigger size. I am sure the school can't object to this as a temp measure if they can't supply the correct skirt and that way you haven't spent a fortune.

The skirts are fine, I have bought them for my (tiny) twelve year old niece, hence the age 9!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now