No names please - scores and schools will be useful

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Preparing Mum

No names please - scores and schools will be useful

Post by Preparing Mum »

I would like to congratulate all children who gained a future senior school place where ever they go. With the extra tuition they have done and with parent support they are sure to do well at their new schools.

I would be interested in scores to get a measurement of what is expected for future 11 plus and the schools.

BASED UPON PREVIOUS POST, PLEASE ONLY POST SCORES, SCHOOLS, & POSITIONS.

THANKS

Post by Guest »

offered Colchester Girls (1st choice)

placing - 127
score - 337.96
Eng 34/50, Maths 27/45, VR 64/90

hope that helps!
guest2

Post by guest2 »

Offered place in Chelmsford county high school which was her first choice.

placing 17 out of 598 for Chelmsford
placing 12 out of 478 for Colchester

score 380.92

Eng. 34/50, Maths 42/45, VR 86/90

Post by Guest »

offered CRGS (1st choice)

placing - 77 out of 499
score - 349.2
Eng 37/50, Maths 32/45, VR 64/90

Post by Guest »

Offered WHSG (1st choice)

Placing 96 out of 386 (out of catchment list)

Southend High 60 out of 231 (out of catchment list)

Chelmsford High 155 out of 598

Score 342.03

ENG 34/50 MATHS 26/45 VR 69/90

Post by Guest »

Daughter offered Chelmsford last year (thought it may be useful as it varies rom year to year).

70/609

English 40/50 Maths 42/45 VR 81/90
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Be aware. The results from this year and last differ in the wording - last year the form stated "Your child's position on the school's list" this year it is "Your child's position on the offer list". There must be some differences in the way the info is being outlines this year as the placings for similar scores are really different.

:?

Post by Guest »

There are 2 lists for the westcliff/southend grammar schools. One for Southend Priority area and one for outside priority area. Not sure if this makes your childs position on the offer lists any different. Confused :?
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

In reply to above - we did not apply for Southend schools and the resulting placings vary greatly from last year to this.

Post by Guest »

Guest3 wrote:Be aware. The results from this year and last differ in the wording - last year the form stated "Your child's position on the school's list" this year it is "Your child's position on the offer list". There must be some differences in the way the info is being outlines this year as the placings for similar scores are really different.

:?
No difference at all. My daughters letter last year stated " your child's position on the offer list". Last year though, I understand you needed a much higher score to get an offer.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now