Quick question re NVR and English Kent Paper

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
twilight

Quick question re NVR and English Kent Paper

Post by twilight »

Hi

Just wondering if anyone can help with a couple of quick questions....

...the NVR practice papers that my daughter has been using is divided into 5 sections, with 6 minutes allowed for each section - Will the actual Kent test be like that?

...also, does anyone know where I can get a copy of an example English paper? I understand that this is a written piece of work on one of a choice of subjects but wondered if there were any examples of the layout anywhere just to familiarise my daughter before the big day

Thanks in advance
yoyo123

Re: Quick question re NVR and English Kent Paper

Post by yoyo123 »

the actual nvr format changes from year to year.but if you do a search you may find out what has happened recently.

again may be worth searching for examples of subjects for the written piece. I wouldn't bother too much about it, it is only used in the case of borderline test results. maybe do some work on interesting adjectives, more advanced punctuation etc. you could also concentrate on planning stories beforehand .
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Last year it was timed per section 18 questions in 9 mins with 4 sections in total. It was posted here a while ago.

We arent bothering here with the English too, but perhaps a session just for basics.
Impossible is Nothing.
rosered100

Post by rosered100 »

For the English just do a reminder of using correct grammar, wow words (whatever they are but your DC will know), put in some speech with correct speech marks etc. You could think up a character beforehand that could be used in any of the story lines given to save time on the day.
Spend your time working on the other 3 papers as the English is not so important & I would think that if it came to appeal, the previous years work as supplied by your school would have far more weight than one paper taken on a day of high stress.
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

I am sure that I saw six possible options for the English part of the Kent Test last year posted somewhere on this forum. Despite my best attempts I cannot find it....can anyone help?
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

twilight

Post by twilight »

Excellent - Thank you.
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

Thank you ! x
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now