school mock exams

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
emma1710

school mock exams

Post by emma1710 »

can somebody tell me weather your schools have issused the mock tests results to the parents as my school are saying, that they cant give them to me, is that right.
tiredmum

Re: school mock exams

Post by tiredmum »

to be honest i dont think they really pay much attention to these mocks. I know last year the ooc mocks was just the practice papers you can buy from smiths. :)
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

My daughter has done 2 at school so far this week and they are just NFER papers which you can get in bookshops.
Impossible is Nothing.
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

I asked my DS about whether we get to hear the mock marks. He didn't think so, saying that the practice was more to do with getting use to the exam environment, rather than the actual exam itself.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Do they get marked PhesantChick. My daughter's havent been marked and she doesnt think they will be marked. From previous years it seem they dont and they are purely for practice. I think its best that way otherwise it may knock off confidence of kids who dont do well in these mocks yet they are just papers that some or most kids will have seen before.
Impossible is Nothing.
twellsmum

Post by twellsmum »

I'm pretty sure they don't get marked as they are just to get the children used to the exam environment and what will happen on the day so that it is not totally unfamiliar to them.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

yes, they re just to familiarise them with the layout
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

No, I don't think they get marked.
emma1710

Post by emma1710 »

our teacher said shes in the middle of marking them, so my sons school is marking the papers. Normally i dont think i would want to know, but my son did the math mock and said it was pips (easy), he said they had 1hr to do the test and he says he finished it in 30 mins, i just got this niggling feeling that he didnt read the questions properly or even missed a few pages out. My son said he didnt and that although he hasnt ever done that test before, he says it was so familiar he felt he had done it! (maybe im just being paranoid) but when testing at home he takes the fall time.
committed

Post by committed »

Our school are definitely not marking them. They do all 3 papers tomorrow (but don't bother doing the written task as a practice :? )

I'm trying to get my DS to pay attention to what prompts he gets in relation to timing... especially for NVR. I'm obviously hoping that the same prompts are given next week - but I have read posts where they suggest that they're not necessarily the same, I guess because of the different invigilators?

Regardless, he'll be taking in his watch. I was very proud of myself when I managed to disable the 'beep', so it's now a great 11+ watch but a useless alarm!! :D