please advise me.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
pdharmendra

please advise me.

Post by pdharmendra »

hi.my daughter is going to give 11+exam this year.she is doing very well in maths,verbal n non-verbal.i am not sure about english.is it compulsory to pass english paper??can anyone advise me please?thank you.
sherry_d

Re: please advise me.

Post by sherry_d »

English paper is only marked in case of an appeal by your school before we get results.

In answer it doesnt get marked (unless above). We have only done an hour just giving tips and how to make her story exciting and that is more than enough I think.
Impossible is Nothing.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Yep that's right. The beauty of the Kent 11+ is that one can get into a grammar school, even a superselective, without being able to write, as long as you can read and put a mark in the right boxes!!
pdharmendra

Post by pdharmendra »

thank you so much for your reply.i m sure my daughter will do very good in maths, verbal and n verbal.but she is not very good in english as english is her second language.we bn here in uk only for 3 years.so we dont have much knowledge abou 11+.Infact we came to know about it 6 months back.so,she hasnt got much time for preperation.but still we r very hopefull as she has worked very hard.thank u once again for ur reply.
mystery

Post by mystery »

I bet you're right. And once she's been immersed in English for the rest of year 6, I bet she'll catch up. Does your school have any advice or extra support for written English for your daughter?
pdharmendra

Post by pdharmendra »

Yes, They gave her extra spelling lists and writting assignment. Thx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now