Medway areas???

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Frustratedmum

Medway areas???

Post by Frustratedmum »

Hi everyone,
Many apologies for going off 11+ topic but we will be moving into Medway area soon and are currently looking at properties and just don't really know which areas to even start in. Could anyone please advise as to areas to completely avoid? Please feel free to inbox me so as not offend anyone who may live in those areas?? :oops: We've gone to look at a few places and drove straight on and called off appointment with estate agent as they have seemed to be not what we want at all!!
Don't get me wrong I'm not necessarily after the best of the best, we simply can't afford that, but just looking for somewhere half decent and relatively harmless :wink:
We'd be very greatful for any advice, many thanks.
ausvic

Re: Medway areas???

Post by ausvic »

Rainham is quite nice, there are various areas within Rainham with differing budgets but it all seems ok. Walderslade Woods is quite nice, Walderslade itself down by Safeway I would personally keep clear of as I would Weedswood etc. Have lived in both Waldersalde Woods and Rainham, and three different areas of Rainham - Parkwood, Twydall and now near Tescos and have not had any problems with the area. I think some of Gillingham, First Avenue, Second Avenue are ok. I think you said your son is at RMGS. There is plenty of area around Pump Lane, Bloors Lane and off Maidstone Road that would be convenient for that school. Even getting to RMGS from Parkwood would be easy as I think there is a bus service.

This is my PERSONAL view and this is not an attempt to upset anyone. Everyone has their own ideas of what a nice area is.
Tricia5

Post by Tricia5 »

A huge vote for St Marys Island. Lots of different styles, sizes and prices of homes, beautiful surroundings and very, very safe.

We moved down from Manchester 2 years ago and have never regretted it, very friendly smiley people here!
Frustratedmum

Post by Frustratedmum »

Sorry been away for a couple of days. Many thanks for your replies and honesty, I do value personal opinions as well as my own judgement as a whole picture. I will look out for these areas.
Thanks again!!! :)
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

ausvic wrote: Even getting to RMGS from Parkwood would be easy as I think there is a bus service.

i learnt recently that there is even a direct bus service to RMGS from Maidstone! :)
Frustratedmum

Post by Frustratedmum »

Ah tiredmum, I had no idea that was the case, I shall look into that as well as an option, thanks for that!! :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now