New First Aid in English 2nd Ed

11 Plus English - Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

LarryB

New First Aid in English 2nd Ed

Post by LarryB »

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of The New First Aid in Eng pls?
I ordered both question & ans books back in Jul from Amazon & was sent the ans book within days with the question book yet to be dispatched. Well waited all this time only to be told they've been unable to get the question book. Tried Waterstones & WH Smiths with no joy . I'm tempted to just return ans book but I hear it's good to have but not sure where else to look :? Suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thx

LarryB
muffinmonster

Re: New First Aid in English 2nd Ed

Post by muffinmonster »

Hi Larry - There's a copy on sale on Ebay, auction closes at 18:58 tomorrow. Plenty of birds already....
Optimist

Post by Optimist »

LarryB wrote:Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of The New First Aid in Eng pls?
I ordered both question & ans books back in Jul from Amazon & was sent the ans book within days with the question book yet to be dispatched. Well waited all this time only to be told they've been unable to get the question book. Tried Waterstones & WH Smiths with no joy . I'm tempted to just return ans book but I hear it's good to have but not sure where else to look :? Suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thx

LarryB
They are usually available in the "English Reference" section at WH Smith, and at, Waterstones. :)
LarryB

Post by LarryB »

Appears they've all disappeared, 11plusmania!!
It's now a collectible :!:
KS10

Post by KS10 »

So people do think it's worthwhile!
Can't any of the shops order them?
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

This title is being reprinted and is due out this month but publishers are sometimes optimistic with due dates. You will either have to hang on until it is released or try and get hold of a second hand copy.
pingu

Post by pingu »

I have got a copy of this book from my local library. You can also give it a go and see if it is available :)
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

Not wishing to raise any hope too high, but have you tried the book depository? They seem to have them.
http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/97 ... in-English

I checked on Amazon and they say in stock? And what about the 3rd party sellers - they have a few there also?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listin ... dition=new
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

It has been released by the publishers and you should be able to get hold of it without difficulty.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

I have a very old copy of this book, two questions.

1, Someone has suggested the new version is aimed at English as a second language so am I better with my old possibly dated version or is it so dated that it possibly irrelevant and needs an update?

2, ..re answers. The same source says there isn't any but I have vague recollections that the old version used to have a teachers manual with answers in. I am no where near as old as my book but my memory is pretty dire so I could be wrong. Is there an answer book for either the older versions or the new?