any grammar school in harlow

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

fay

any grammar school in harlow

Post by fay »

hi

i am a new mum on this website. would really appreciate some advise on grammar school in or around harlow. please help. my daughter is now in yr 5 and i am desperate. thanks
2nd time arround

Post by 2nd time arround »

Hi Fay the best I can come up with is to try ringing your Local Education Authority and asking them what is available :) sorry I cant be of any more help. You could try posting this in your area at the bottom of the main forum page, Good luck
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Fay - if you look at the ngsa (national grammar school association?) website, that will tell you where all the grammar schools in England are. The website is www.ngsa.org.uk (sorry, I don't know how to do links!)
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

.... blimey, I seem to have made a link without even trying! :wink:
fay

Post by fay »

thank you eveyone. i will try the different link and will keep you posted.
Mum42

any grammar school in Harlow

Post by Mum42 »

Hi, Fay

I hope you're still checking this thread - I've only just seen your message.
We live in Harlow and our elder daughter has just got into Chelmsford County High School for Girls and will be starting in September.

As you will have found out by now, there aren't any grammar schools in Harlow (or even any schools with a sixth form). CCHS is the closest one and there is a bus service there from Harlow, but there are other good grammar schools in Essex if you're prepared to move house.

You could try the CSSE website: http://www.csse.org.uk/

Do PM me if you have any questions. We had a really tough time with our primary school - I hope it's easier for you.
Fismum

Re: any grammar school in harlow

Post by Fismum »

Hi Mum42,

I am so glad to have stumbled upon this post and I do hope you will still read this thread. I live in harlow and have asked on Essex forum if there is anyone whose DD travels to Chelmsford from Harlow and I have not received a reply. Can you let me know how your DD travels to school.

Thanks
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Fishmum, if it's imperative you get a reply to your question, may I suggest you pm mum42 with your question, as she may not come back to this thread, but hopefully she has her system set up to receive email notification of a pm.
Fismum

Post by Fismum »

Thanks Snowdrops, I have done that already.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now