2 weeks to go. How are you feeling or coping!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
blessedmum

2 weeks to go. How are you feeling or coping!!!

Post by blessedmum »

Things seem normal in my household. DD does not even know the day we get the results. Its my mind that needs help. Any coping mechanisms? Please share
tiredmum

Re: 2 weeks to go. How are you feeling or coping!!!

Post by tiredmum »

blessedmum wrote: Any coping mechanisms? Please share
vodka and chocolate! :lol:
dani*

Post by dani* »

We have parents evening next week. I'm confident that the school will have the results by then. DD told me that some children had some of their books taken away last friday. Perhaps an indication that HT's already have the results? Not sure how to survive parents evening. If someone gets thrown out of the school for drunken and disorderly behaviour, clutching a bar of fruit and nut, that will be me.
greenwichmum

Post by greenwichmum »

I found it really hard last year this waiting. Plan lots of nice things to do at the weekends and keep busy!
blessedmum

Post by blessedmum »

Dani I know you feel.

Thanks Greenwich mum. We have our parents evening on 14th. Not sure why it will be the same day as we get results.
Going to visit Bromley High this wkend, visiting the London museum on Sunday. ANything to take my mind off it. DD is not even thinking about it. Well she does not seem to.
dani*

Post by dani* »

Our diary is so packed doing everything we have not done during the last weeks of revision that there are not enough hours in the day to plan anything else. Unfortunately the days are dragging and I keep crossing days out on my desk calendar like a prisoner.

At least DD is kept busy, however she seems to have forgotten about the 11+ and is not stressed about the results. I really don't see the point of going to her parents evening next week, the new year is only a few weeks old and the only I'm interested in at the moment is the 11+ result, which they have sitting on a desk somewhere and will not disclose. I have probably said it somewhere before, and I don't mean to regurgitate the issue but I still believe this utterly ridiculous. So far I have not heard one good reason why HT's have to sit on these results for such a long time. In terms of the 11+ our HT has been about as useful as chocolate teapot.

I have no clue how to get through this...

Perhaps, I could get ''lost'' and ''accidently'' get locked in to the HT's office.

If it wasn't that we have a younger child in the school I think we would pull a sickie on this occasion and re-arrange for a later date.

All the best to you Blessed Mum, I don't think I will be fit to go anywhere on the evening of results day and most definitely not parents evening!
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

I'm new to this forum but have been reading all your posts......... what a great site!!

On the outside we're all feeling and coping fine, on the inside i'm quaking - everyone else seems genuinely chilled 8)

The last year went so fast as did the lead up to the tests and now life has slowed to snails pace.

I'm wishing my life away, 10 days and it will almost be over................til march :roll:

Very interested to read about the headteacher appeal process, I had no idea this all goes on, and cannot believe the schools have the results already, It would be nice to know if your child was the subject of an appeal, surely the parents would be able to help compile evidence and work with the head to maximise the chance of success. But I suppose that comes later if you need to appeal after the results are released??

All best wishes to everyone who is waiting