how are the mums and dads coping

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sugarshaksk1

how are the mums and dads coping

Post by sugarshaksk1 »

its the first test today ds was very positive in the morning and i was trying my best to not show that i was a nervous wreck lol,how are you all coping.
duffymoon

Re: how are the mums and dads coping

Post by duffymoon »

I couldn't stop thinking about her this morning, hoping she was doing ok in the test, and now very keen to see how she thought it went.
sugarshaksk1

Post by sugarshaksk1 »

thats right duffy moon i have hardly done any housework at all and i too am waiting for ds to come home to say all went well hopefully,but i am dreading him coming home and saying it didnt go well.
monsoon

Post by monsoon »

Hi,

Mee too..
I hope every one done OK...
I can't wait to pick them up...

Monsoon
patricia

Post by patricia »

Can I join in too?

I feel like a mum every year! [but several times over]

I get just as nervous for them.

Patricia
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

I hate this ........
I'm at work, but really cannot concentrate!! Lets hope DD does better!! We had our mantra this morning - calm, cool, collected and clever!!!
Can't wait for next Wednesday to be done ........ but then we've got the Berks one on Nov 6th :roll:
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

They're all falling apart round here! I seem to have spent most of the last week administering TLC and soothing frayed nerves.
sugarshaksk1

Post by sugarshaksk1 »

my ds is home and what a big releif to hear him say "it was quite easy"lol i feel so happy for him,for me its as if a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders just to hear him say this,but i wont stop worrying until we get that results letter.
how is everyones dc doing.
best wishes to everyone.
loli34

Post by loli34 »

:( :( :( trying hard not to show dissapointment - she said it went really well BUT she left out a whole section and two more answers - she didn't even guess them - we have drummed it so hard into her about what to do if she runs out of time that I am astounded she could do it again ! (she did the same in a practice paper) she was told 5 mins to go and said that she was waiting to be told 1 min and then guess the rest.

She get so absorbed in what she's doing she's in like her own world - anyway I feel I can have a bit of a rant on here - cause i have played it down and re-assured that it doesn't matter and that all she can do is learn from it and be a bit more prepared next week xxxxx :roll: :roll: :roll:
monsoon

Post by monsoon »

Hi,

Mine came and said it was easy. I don't know what 'easy' means though. It was relief to hear that.
Hope everyone is coping OK..

There is another one next.. so we all have a second chance again, regardless of weather the child think it was easy or hard.

I off to shopping... more bananas... :)

Monsoon
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now