Herries School - any comments

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
joop

Herries School - any comments

Post by joop »

We are hoping our son is going to Borlase school in Maidenhead and I am looking for a prep school nearby for my two daughters (age 8 and 4). Does anyone have any info. about Herries School in Cookham Dean ?

Many thanks
scary mum

Re: Herries School - any comments

Post by scary mum »

If you mean Sir William Borlase grammar school, it is in Marlow, not Maidenhead. I don't know anything about Herries School, but I know the local primary school has a good reputation.
scary mum
joop

Post by joop »

Yes I did mean to say Marlow. However I work in Maidenhead and am looking for all my children to go in the same direction. My daughter is a local primary school at the moment but is struggling with 32 children in a year 3/4 class and a newly qualified teacher. I noticed that Herries is very close to Marlow.
LALady

Post by LALady »

Hi,
Both my children go to Herries. We chose it over and above St Piran's in Maidenhead. The children who attend tend to live in Marlow, Cookham/Dean and Maidenhead although there are a couple from further afield.

They have various open mornings so it's worth looking at the website.

We are very pleased with the school. The class sizes are small and I think it gives more of a family feel. It's quite a nurturing environment and the teaching is very good. Children tend to start from 3 in the nursery and continue on through the school.

The best way to find out more about Herries is to visit it. We *knew* it was the right school for our children when we met the head and saw the school in action.

HTH
Betsie

Post by Betsie »

Joop
I live in Maidenhead and my children 6 and 8 have been attending Herries since nursery and are both thriving. The school is like a second home to them. The teachers are very experienced. Good luck with the search. B
Maud

Post by Maud »

My children go there and love it. The classes are small so they have lots of good individual teaching. Due to this, lots of children in Year 6 pass the 11+ and most go on to William Borlaise.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now