oooh all the books have gone!!! and reading headteacher!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

kentmum01

oooh all the books have gone!!! and reading headteacher!!

Post by kentmum01 »

All my dds class books have been taken away, well the ones that took kent test anyway!! :shock: an also headteacher was talking to me and was really bigging up the grammar schools then when i thiought this sounds promising she then satrted saying there were some good comprehensives too!! AGGGHHH why do we look to much in to everything lol !!!
pheasantchick

Re: oooh all the books have gone!!! and reading headteacher!

Post by pheasantchick »

My DS hasn't mentioned anything about books going missing etc and I don't want to ask him because I think he unaware about HT appeals etc.
hdq2907

Post by hdq2907 »

My ds has said no books have gone. Maybe they are secretly photocopied..... Wonder how ht appeal works?? Do they go to a panel?? Feeling better now it's not too far away and school visits start this week.
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

They can't submit photocopies - only the originals will do!
kentmum01

Post by kentmum01 »

really!! my dd and another boy were taken out of class to do a reading test the other day and when we asked his teacher why she said nothing to do with kent test! Hmmm why dont i believe her x
maidmum5

Post by maidmum5 »

Surely though its the year five books that they would need to look at? they really haven't done too much in year six as yet......have they?

Sorry I'm just thinking too much!
SoGladitsover

Post by SoGladitsover »

If we get the results on 18th it doesn't give them very long to look at all the work does it. Do the HT's submit a report too?
My DD reckons her books are all still at school and she has brought all her year 5 books home. Now this means one of two things - either it's fab news or my worst fears have come true and the HT doesn't have a clue how the appeal bit works! :(
MuseMum

Post by MuseMum »

DS mentioned yesterday that his maths and literacy books had been taken for 'the headteacher to show to her boss'. He says only his books and those belonging to one other child, who also took the Kent test, have been taken. The worrying thing is that DS said that he didn't believe the reason he had been given for the books being taken and said that he must have not got enough marks in the 11+ so the HT is making an appeal for him. I didn't realise he knew about the HT appeal and obviously knows much more about the process than I thought. I am really angry with the school for doing this and putting him through more stress and anxiety than is necessary. If they are going to take books, why not take everyone's even those who didn't do the test?
rosered100

Post by rosered100 »

I believe that sometimes they take DCs work that have passed the test to compare to ones that didnt, so dont get too worried. It would have been best to take all the DCs books though - very insensitive.
MuseMum

Post by MuseMum »

rosered100 wrote:I believe that sometimes they take DCs work that have passed the test to compare to ones that didnt, so dont get too worried. It would have been best to take all the DCs books though - very insensitive.
I didn't know that. I feel slightly better now (although not a lot). I didn't realise the whole process was such a minefield and am glad I only have one DC as I don't think I could go through this again!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now