Cloze Test Creator sites

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
KenR

Cloze Test Creator sites

Post by KenR »

Those doing the B/Ham KE consortium 11+ exams are probably aware that the test papers normally include a derivative of the cloze within the questions.

You are also also probably aware that there are not many cloze test resources available.

You might therefore but interested in a couple of sites that I have stumbled across which contain free 'create your own cloze test' materials.

The following is a general link to a range of free creation materials:

http://jeffreyhill.typepad.com/english/ ... eator.html

The 2nd link is to a specific cloze test creation site that seems to work well and enables you to use your own material and select specific words words. I like this:

http://www.oup.com/elt/global/products/ ... ools/elem/

Hope these are of interest and useful. Suggest you use your own passages rather than the std material which is foreign lang oriented.

Please remember Mike's comments about the form of cloze in the recent tests which had missing letters from words rather than whole words, so don't go overboard on this.

Hope this helps and provides a bit of variety.
Brum Dad

Re: Cloze Test Creator sites

Post by Brum Dad »

Thanks KenR - great find! :D
isymum

Post by isymum »

Thanks for that information KenR
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

A big thank you, KenR, for your recurrent guidance! I missed this message last week (it's hard to keep up with everything, isn't it?) so I am glad that isymum brought it up! :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now