Question Types for Verbal Reasoning

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
blackbox31

Question Types for Verbal Reasoning

Post by blackbox31 »

Now that my son has done the Bucks papers - we are now concentrating our efforts on VR/NVR for the Berkshire tests. Can someone please tell me what question types as referenced in (IPS) do not appear in the Berkshire papers. I know there are 21 types for Bucks , but I remember someone telling me that there are only 15 for Berkshire. Am I right in saying it is HINKOS ?

Also , for NVR my son has to do 80 questions in 40 mins - 4 secs with 20q in each section . Apparently you have to do section 1 in 10 mins , section 2 in 10 mins etc.. . Can someone tell me what the time warnings are for each section , for example are you told you have 1 minute remaining etc.
chad

Re: Question Types for Verbal Reasoning

Post by chad »

I have done a search...

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... nos+slough

and

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... h&start=10

but doesn't really give a definitive answer.... :roll: and of course the exam format has changed.....Slough grammars no longer include Maths.

Anyone got a more up to date view?
stressedparent

Post by stressedparent »

There is no time warning for non verbal exams, time warnings are only given during the verbal tests @ 25 mins and 5 mins before the end. If you have attended the open days you would have known this info.
stressedparent
chad

Post by chad »

Or if for personal reasons you couldn't make the open evening or did not make a note of this (so much info to take in) or , like me, a little bit absent minded it is great that people are happy to fill in the gaps. Thanks stressedparent. :D
Josa

Post by Josa »

chad wrote:Or if for personal reasons you couldn't make the open evening or did not make a note of this (so much info to take in) or , like me, a little bit absent minded it is great that people are happy to fill in the gaps. Thanks stressedparent. :D
:lol: Well said Chad.
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

Or, you can phone up the admission dept. at Langley and they will answer allllllll your questions, and then when you read the 11 plus information that is on their website, you will find all the information written there, anyway. :oops:

Edited:

As far as I am aware, the Berkshire VR question types are the same as the Bucks exams, same 21 types.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now