New Hall School, Chelmsford

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Rinette

New Hall School, Chelmsford

Post by Rinette »

I would be interested to know about any experiences, comments, concerning New Hall School in Chelmsford, Essex (year 7 and after).
I have searched and found some bits of information on this forum but would be grateful to know a bit more.

Also, from a more general point of view, how - apart of course from open days/evenings (with all its rosy talks) and trying to talk around you to gather information - can you really forge a realistic picture of what the school (independant or not) is like ?
I have tried to search elsewhere on the net, but only very little or often out of date information.

Thank you !
moved

Re: New Hall School, Chelmsford

Post by moved »

I duplicated your post and put it in the Essex part of the forum as there may be more local knowledge.

Sorry I know virtually nothing of substance.
Their GCSE and A level results have improved greatly and the school has changed substantially over the last few years. Job opportunities often appear in the TES.
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

I have two friends with children there.Of course that makes my response purely anecdotal.
However both,(one boy and one girl) ,are very happy and impressed with the school pastorally and academically.The catholic ethos is very strong and the school does very well.
If you have specific questions I can ask and pass back information via pm if that helps. :D
Last edited by Chelmsford mum on Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CandyPlum1

Post by CandyPlum1 »

bad very bad
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

Welcome to the forum CandyPlum1

I think it would probably help Rinette more if you were able to tell us about your experience of the school and why you have this opinion :D
CandyPlum1

Post by CandyPlum1 »

Well I csent my child there expecting great things however was soon dissapointed. For starters they didn't pay much attention to average children like mine; ones who weren't very clever or needed help. I know it is a catholic school but there RS took over everything. My child moved last year to a local comp and loves it. I guess it's not for everyone

Deleted by moderator as we do not give our names on the forum.
Purple200

Post by Purple200 »

I agree with Chelmsford Mum New Hall is a very good school. I have one daughter who goes there and she loves it! They have excellent facilities which they use frequently, the staff our helpful and my daughter has made lots of good friends. I wouldn't say my daughter is really clever,she is more in the middle, but I have never felt they don't pay attention to her. There is a great sense of community and when they have events in their houses (sports day etc) all the children get involved and have fun supporting their house. Yes their Catholic ethos is strong but they are a Catholic school!
I just wanted to add that this is my first post on this forum after one year of reading posts but never contibuting!
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Hello Purple 200 - once you have posted once, you won't be able to stop! :D
Welcome :D
moved

Post by moved »

Welcome to the forum Purple200
Purple200

Post by Purple200 »