Pensby Girls last as an insurance policy ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
3pink

Pensby Girls last as an insurance policy ?

Post by 3pink »

Is it even worth bothering ?
I'm going to put Upton, WKGS followed by Birkenhead academy, if she does pass any of them she'll stat at BHS (and i'll crown her lol) so am wondering if i even need to put down pensby girls or can i leave the space blank ?
guest43

Re: Pensby Girls last as an insurance policy ?

Post by guest43 »

Hi

If your DD does not pass Upton and the 11+ then you will automatically forfeit your first two choices.

Your 3rd choice BHSA operates in effect a lottery so there is no certainty she will receive a place there. (see other postings re level of applications). If she doesn't and you have no 4th choice then you will almost certainly be allocated a place at your nearest comprehensive.

If that does not appeal then I would suggest you put Pensby 4th!
Maybelle

Post by Maybelle »

Hi 3pink,
I would not advise leaving any 'free' choices. If you leave a blank the LEA will deem that you are permitting them to choose for you - and we all know what that could mean! :shock:

When we chose, we had to fill five options. We chose all girls schools and hoped we would be allocated one of our top two...

The only time I would advise any person not to fill all options is if they wanted one of the 3 Catholic Faith schools suitable for their child - but even then they would need a statement as to why.

By the way - the schools themselves have no idea what 'ranking' you place them in.

Good Luck :wink: :D
Inside of every mother is a school girl wondering what the *ell just happened???
3pink

Post by 3pink »

Ah thank you, I think Pensby is the nearest comprehensive but i'll put it down just in case.