Its over...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
muminTewkes

Its over...

Post by muminTewkes »

Well,12 o' clock and its all done.....*phew*
Nothing else to do now but stop the pacing/cleaning/eating of comfort food and pat our dc's on the back....and wait for the post.
Hows everyone held up?
Interesting to see how our children come home...and what news(if any!)they bring...
pixiequeen

Re: Its over...

Post by pixiequeen »

Yes, thank goodness that's over with! :D DD came out happy - immediately told me that the first paper was very easy (but answers presumably full of careless mistakes!) but the second one was very hard (harder than anything she's done at home apparently - and yes we did do the level 4 Tutors papers :? ) and she had to guess 5 or 6 questions.

Other than that everything seems to have been as she was expecting. Know that happy confident child does not necessarily equal a pass though. Need to go into hibernation for a week.
EmeraldE

Post by EmeraldE »

Ditto what Pixiequeen says. DS2 said first was not difficult (again there will be silly mistakes!) and second was hard. He said he had to spend longer than he would have wanted on some questions. Only 5 mins left at the end to check and definately some 'educated guesses' as he calls them :) I don't know if I should laugh or cry!

They definately came out of looking less cheery than last year, not the level of eurphoria I was expecting. A more seroius demeanour in general. No-one seemed distraught which was good. Now to get up against a radiator with bottle of wine, and the TV remote so I do not bombard the child with copious unnecessary questions making both him and me (even more) paranoid. :) I can just about muster a small smile as it is out of my hands now!!

Be kind marking computer :D
muminTewkes

Post by muminTewkes »

Same here pixiequeen.
DS said first test was "easy"..same as the NFER giraffe papers..second was a lot harder..similar to Tutors level 3/4 so he thinks.
Finished all papers,answered them all,guessed @3 in the second one and 1 in the first one.
Everything else was as expected.
Came out VERY happy and glad it was done...strangely seemed to enjoy it :shock: glad he did...his father and I wanted to vomit.
1203tommy

Post by 1203tommy »

Dd said same -1st easy 2nd very hard, I wanted to cry, glad it was not just my dD saying that. Now 7 sleepless nights to follow ! :shock:
muminTewkes

Post by muminTewkes »

I was worried as he found the first "easy"eeeek!must stop subjecting him to questions now though... :? !..
turtleglos

Post by turtleglos »

Thats exactly what my ds1 said. He answered all of the questions and finished both papers with time to spare. He also manage to soak himself to the skin and end up in a spare tshirt when he washed his hands, and managed to fall over and skin his knee at breaktime ending up with a plaster. I just hope the tests went a little better for hi. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will think it is stupid.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Another ditto. First paper easier than the practice ones, 2nd paper harder. One section she couldn't work out - "It didn't make sense" - so guessed 6 answers. Finished both papers, with some checking of dodgy answers.

Disturbance in her room, in that one child was coughing a lot in 2nd paper, got upset and was removed to another room to finish her paper. The rumour is that said girl thought everyone else was sailing through the 2nd paper but she was finding it hard, so panicked. She was still very upset when deputy head brought her to her parents. Hopefully she'll have done well enough in 1st test to offset any 2nd test problems. My daughter saw the invigilator make a note in the classroom log of the disturbance.

Now only 9 days to wait. That's assuming that we don't get a postal delivery on Saturday, as we didn't today!
Capers
pixiequeen

Post by pixiequeen »

Capers, we didn't get any post either, (and we actually sent ourselves letters yesterday!) so looks like Monday for us too. Glad it's not just us.

Pixiequeen
Jen'smum

Post by Jen'smum »

Same here - said first paper seemed ok but second one was hard - just finished but had best guessed a few and didn't get back to have another look at them. Was changing an answer when the invigilator said pens down so one answer was blank as had rubbed out one but not had chance to select another! DC has had that always unwelcome phone call from a class "friend" saying how easy it was and how they didn't have to guess any at all and finished with loads of time to spare. The wicked persosn in me considered pulling the phone wire out when saw dc's face fall. I won't go to heaven! :oops: All done - family back to normal thank goodness! Wishing everyone a much calmer end to the weekend. Off to open a bottle!
Bring me sunshine ....
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now