Half Term 11+ test dates

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
logic32

Half Term 11+ test dates

Post by logic32 »

We received the dates throught the post this morning, so can finally start planning !
The test dates for us are 26th October and 28th October, both are at 3.15pm. They are being held at Misbourne School in Great Missenden.

Not thrilled about it being in the afternoon as my son tends to go a bit dozy that time of day ! But still delighted to know when they actually are.

I wonder if anyone could offer any advice on what we should do the day of the tests.
Obviously don't want to tire him out, but should we do practice tests in the morning or go out for the day and try not to think about it ?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
hermanmunster

Re: Half Term 11+ test dates

Post by hermanmunster »

Reckon best to chill out at home and let them do what they fancy - watch TV / play games - no tests...... best not go out in case traffic jams / car breaks down / breaks bone etc.
logic32

Post by logic32 »

Thanks Hermanmunster.

Do you know sometimes I'm really glad it's not me taking the 11+, none of that had even occurred to me. Knowing our luck all three might happen together !

I will just let him relax and eat a bunch or two of bananas.
joop

Post by joop »

Yes, we also have ours through on the 25 and 27 in Aylesbury at 1.15. Finally the end is in sight !!!
yogkruti

Post by yogkruti »

logic32 wrote:Thanks Hermanmunster.

Do you know sometimes I'm really glad it's not me taking the 11+, none of that had even occurred to me. Knowing our luck all three might happen together !

I will just let him relax and eat a bunch or two of bananas.
Easy on the bananas!.. they might er.. "stir" things up a bit... causing urgency at an unwelcome time :D
yogkruti

Post by yogkruti »

Just going through the "Bucks 11+ testing - notes for parents"

There is one line which says:

"As soon as your child has been booed in, you will be asked to leave the building"

I was warned that Bucks don't like people from other counties competing for "their" schools, but this is carrying it a bit too far !! :D
logic32

Post by logic32 »

Very delicately put yogkruti ! Yes I noticed that typo, hoping it was indeed a typo !

Joop, do you think dates and venues are decided alphabetically ? Our surname starts with V and I wonder if that's why we are so late in the day. It's great to finally know though isn't it !
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

About bloomin time!

Good luck everyone! :)
Marylou
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Just popping in to say I hope it all went well for your DC, good luck for everyone waiting for result's! :D
logic32

Post by logic32 »

Thanks Midget Man, My son seemed okay after both tests but prefered the 1st one. He is fairly chilled at the best of times so I won't read too much into that .
Only time will tell !!!!

I've booked a table at his favourite restaurant for the day of the results. Whether it's to celebrate or commiserate I feel he worked hard and did his best and deserves a nice treat. Feeling strangely calm now it's all over and out of our hands.

Hope everyone else is doing well and not just counting the days !