One week to go....

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
SoGladitsover

One week to go....

Post by SoGladitsover »

Well with one week to go that sick feeling has returned. I had planned a fairly relaxing day for next Monday meeting friends for lunch etc to help the day pass. However, to my horror, I have now been warned to attend Crown Court (work not through misbehaviour!) so that is going to mean a long drawn out day of sitting around thumb twiddling! That day will now last forever.

This wait has been a true roller coaster of emotions. One minute I'm looking at the rough scores needed and thinking my DD should be ok and the next I'm having serious doubts. None of her school books have disappeared so I know a HT review hasn't been done and the HT said he would do one if needed. But as I have mentioned on a previous post we are OOA and my DD is the only one at her school who sat the test so I'm not convinced the HT fully understands the process at all.

Oh well ... In 174hrs we will hopefully know! Bleughhhhhh! :?
pheasantchick

Re: One week to go....

Post by pheasantchick »

One week - eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! :?
dottie1974

Post by dottie1974 »

Ewwww - one week. Reading that made me feel quite sick.

I need to try not to constantly check for the results next week as I do not want DD to feel pressured! I go from being calm and thinking 'what will be will be' and that stressing isn't going to change the outcome, to getting anxious about it all!!

If she hasn't passed then I need to start preparing DD for another round of tests at our next favourite school which we are slightly out of catchment for but that take top 20% on academic ability. I really am hoping that we don't have to do this though as I don't want to have to look at another test paper again until it is time to start prepping DD2 for the Kent Test!

Lets hope the next week goes by quickly.
Lemmie

Post by Lemmie »

Reading through the Medway boards this weekend has made it all rather real for me... and asking the School Secretary this morning about how it's going to work next Tuesday... Did that look mean she knows something about my Ds's results already?! (Rhetorical Q - I really don't want to know!)

Oh well... not too long now.
SoGladitsover

Post by SoGladitsover »

My Dd thinks the results are out at the end of the month so is blissfully unaware of the turmoil I'm going through as the days tick by. I wouldn't want it any other way though. I just hope none of her teachers mention anything about results day to her.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Is she the only one who took the test SoGlad?

If other kids took the test those will be the culprits not the teachers. Mine was the only one in her school to do Medway and results were out on Friday but she was blissfully unaware. We told her the results yesterday and she took it very well. This just wouldnt work for Kent, she knows the date already. Over 40 kids did the test so no way to keep it under wraps but I have told her not to worry herself about the results as what I ask of her is doing her best which I know she did so whatever the results we will be fine with it.
Impossible is Nothing.
rubyhettybetty

Post by rubyhettybetty »

how did the indie test go at the weekend, Sherry?
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

RubyHetty she said it was very hard and much harder than 11+ :(

The English comprehension was the hardest so I am sitting on pins and needles.
Impossible is Nothing.
zvrk

Post by zvrk »

sherry_d wrote:RubyHetty she said it was very hard and much harder than 11+ :(

The English comprehension was the hardest so I am sitting on pins and needles.
Was it Benenden?
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

I have send you a pm Zvrk, didnt want to hijack the countdown.

I am feeling blue and very drained and just dont feel the energy this time for the countdown. What will be will be. Good luck to all your DCs, just 7 more sleeps.
Impossible is Nothing.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now