Late Test on Thursday

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
happychap

Late Test on Thursday

Post by happychap »

I gather that the late test is being taken on Thursday at Crypt, for those that were ill.

It will be a different paper to the one they sat on Saturday.

I reckon that they can easily mark them and get the scores into the mix by the time the letters go out on Friday then.
capers123

Re: Late Test on Thursday

Post by capers123 »

happychap wrote:I reckon that they can easily mark them and get the scores into the mix by the time the letters go out on Friday then.
I'm not sure that they can easily mark them & get the scores into the mix. They will do it, as they have got to get it done in time, but there will be a lot of hassle & grief involved for the schools admissions clerks!
Capers
1203tommy

Post by 1203tommy »

Anyone have any idea how many late testers??
pixiequeen

Post by pixiequeen »

Random wild guess - I could see on the check list when I dropped DD at SHS that there were I think 3 names crossed off. There were 3 different lists so average of 9 for SHS, perhaps 10 per school, 7 schools, so maybe 70 kids. That seems like quite a lot really, but there have been so many bugs going round it might even be an under estimate.

Capers? Does that sound about right? Getting 70 papers marked (presumably by hand) and the figures collated and letters prepared and in the post would be a major achievement. :shock:
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Capers? Does that sound about right? Getting 70 papers marked (presumably by hand) and the figures collated and letters prepared and in the post would be a major achievement. :shock:[/quote]

No idea, I'm afraid. Your guess is as good as mine!

As to post irregularities, I've asked my local sorting office to hold the mail there on Saturday so I can pick it up (rather than risk a non-delivery).
Capers
muminTewkes

Post by muminTewkes »

capers123 wrote:Capers? Does that sound about right? Getting 70 papers marked (presumably by hand) and the figures collated and letters prepared and in the post would be a major achievement. :shock:
No idea, I'm afraid. Your guess is as good as mine!

As to post irregularities, I've asked my local sorting office to hold the mail there on Saturday so I can pick it up (rather than risk a non-delivery).[/quote]

FANTASTIC idea!!!!*runs off to ask local sorting office* :D
pixiequeen

Post by pixiequeen »

Oooh Capers! My DH said that he'd checked and it wasn't possible to collect your mail from the sorting office anymore. They were happy to do that then? Who did you ring? Guessing there is only one sorting office for Stroud?

Pixiequeen
capers123

Post by capers123 »

I just rang the sorting office & explained that the items couldn't be sent by Special Delivery, and that sometimes we don't get a delivery on Saturdays. Of course, ID will be needed...
Capers
muminTewkes

Post by muminTewkes »

I went to ours(they didn't answer the phone :x )and I have to call them at 6.30am on Sat to request they hold all mail and then shoot down to collect it..eeek...usual driving licence etc.
Feels good to have a small amount of "control" :wink: ...but I'm like that...
EmeraldE

Post by EmeraldE »

so are they not out on the Friday then? Have I missed something?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now