meanwhile in chile...

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
hermanmunster

meanwhile in chile...

Post by hermanmunster »

just watching the CBS live feed of the preparations to send paramedic down the mine and start bringing bad the miners - fascinating people calmly going about the checks on equipment etc - pleasantly free of banal commentary (at present)
pheasantchick

Re: meanwhile in chile...

Post by pheasantchick »

Thinking about the Chile miners put things into perspective. Lets hope and pray that they all are rescued successfully.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

you would think that after being trapped underground for all that time that being squashed into a rescue capsule and hauled up through the tunnel would be the least of their worries, but some of them are not too slim and are going to find it quite a squeeze - hope they manage to to stay calm for this journey
mad?

Post by mad? »

hasn't one of them got to face when he gets out a wife who has discovered that he's had a mistress for 10 years? Hobsons choice!
mad?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

yes i gather that the wife AND mistress turned up at the camp.....
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

This is a truly inspiring end to what could have been an absolute disaster (the rescue I mean - not the mistress :lol: ).

The space they have to come up in is very tight, only one of them needs to panic and it could get dodgy I expect. On the news this evening it said they were in three groups. The more experienced miners first (presumably because they are used to tight spaces) then the weak and poorly and finally the rest who are fitter and healthier.

I really do pray it all goes well for them!
yogkruti

Post by yogkruti »

I think staying down there for 2 months would definitely slim down the chubbiest of people.

aren't miners supposed to be a fit bunch anyway?
yogkruti

Post by yogkruti »

On BBC... just heard a doctor/physio from the site saying the "joke" going around is that they are now much fitter and healthier than before as the diet is better, they are exercising regularly and have no alcohol or cigarettes.. :D
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

That was exceedingly cruel, keeping them down there for two months without any, surely they could have rationed them?
yogkruti

Post by yogkruti »

Snowdrops wrote:That was exceedingly cruel, keeping them down there for two months without any, surely they could have rationed them?
Must have been a concious decision not to send in any alcohol/ciggies.

I'm sure some doctor/psychologist would have advised against it.