11+ results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

msoaks

11+ results

Post by msoaks »

Someone may be able to help.... like many, we will be waiting for the results on Monday but will need to know DS's actual score out of 420 as the only option for us is one of the superselectives in West Kent. As I understand it the email will only say if DS has passed or not- when and how quickly can we get the score? Will the school know it and tell us? DS did not want to ask his school- I should ask them myself but they have probably enough anxious parents asking the same questions :roll:

Thanks
pheasantchick

Re: 11+ results

Post by pheasantchick »

The Headteachers already know the scores.
kentsussexborder

Post by kentsussexborder »

I'd call the school once you have the email. That's what I did last year - repeatedly - until the headteacher was available! But then we were only 1 of 4 pupils sitting so I suppose it depends on the number of children at your school who sat the Kent test.

Otherwise see the head first thing on Tuesday morning.
frustrated

Post by frustrated »

Once you have the results as to whether or not your DC has passed, then you can ask the school for the actual scores. Hope this helps :)

I popped into the school reception to get my DS's scores last year, and they had them ready for all the parents who wanted them - the receptionsist wrote them down for me, folded the piece of paper and handed them over. Discretion guaranteed! :wink:

Edited to add more info: post crossed with another as I was composing first draft
Last edited by frustrated on Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Once we had the result last year our school called us, as it was our half term, to let us know the actual score and the breakdown across the three papers.
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

Does anyone know if you can get the score from KCC ? thanks x
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Yes you can Tigger or even look at the papers if you want to but it may take a bit longer than finding out from the school :wink:
Impossible is Nothing.
katel

Post by katel »

Ask the school. The LEA will be swamped by phone calls on Monday. The will know in the school office.
twellsmum

Post by twellsmum »

Did anyone get results last year? On the website it says that you will be emailed "after 4pm" but ISTR that some people last year were still waiting at 10pm. Do I remember that correctly? DD2 has diving on Monday from 4-4.30 so we won't find out straightaway anyway (only desktop computers in this household but anyway mobiles don't seem to get reception at the sports centre anyway :( ). When DD1 did it two years ago, our school sent us a text - wish they did that this time too!
doodles

Post by doodles »

Am sure we got our pass/fail on line last year. We got them almost as soon as clock turned 4pm but friend at same school and surname letter before us in alphabet got them about 6 hours later. No logic at all.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now