no football at chis and sid?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
dunemigrating

no football at chis and sid?

Post by dunemigrating »

I know everyone is pre occupied with results at the moment, but I just wanted to know if anyone can shed some light on this please. when I went to chis and sid open day on friday, I was told that the main sports for boys are rugby, cricket and athletics in that order. Luckily my son didn't come with us as he would have instantly said a big 'no' to the school - he's mad about football and doesn't really like the other sports. I was told there wasn't even a football team there which I find strange for a school with a sports college status. They said they play football sometimes in PE, but that was about it - no official team and no fixtures etc. I know you have to look at the whole picture, but I do also believe if there is something your child is really interested in and a shool doesn't offer it, then it becomes important. Does anyone out there have a son at chis and sid who is football mad but doen't really enjoy the other sports who could make me feel a bit better please? Thanks.
pwarden

Re: no football at chis and sid?

Post by pwarden »

Totally agree with you.

We really liked the school but was surprised at no football. This could be a good thing as my son plays for an academy anyway, but still it makes my husband hesitant.

They do have a girls football team, so I am not sure why there is no boys team.

With a football team this would be a perfect choice all round.
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

I find that very surprising given their sports status. They play loads of football at Beths.
inspired2win

Post by inspired2win »

Thanks for this info sad that they dont do football.
2boydad

Post by 2boydad »

Don't be put off by no soccer - he might actually like the rugby code even more than the association !! That was certainly the case for me on attending Grammar school with no previous experience of the game and it seeming a little odd. Beths of course do both but they are not co-ed which may also appear a little odd (at 1st).
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now