Which School next?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Lalaloon

Which School next?

Post by Lalaloon »

11+ results in and all going to plan.

Now the choice of school. Chis n Sid, Beths or Dartford.
Not keen on IB as most universities seem to prefer A levels but Dartford GCSE are excellent.
Heard that Chis n Sid is better than Beths but DS was unimpressed at the open day this morning. Beths open day is Monday and Dartfords is Thursday, which then leaves little time to make a decision.
Also, I'm fairly sure that classmates decision will influence DS.

Help
Bexley Mum 2

Re: Which School next?

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

You should comfort yourself with the thought that all of these schools will offer your son a brilliant education so you won't make the 'wrong' choice. Personally, I would put ease of journey first. I certainly wouldn't send my son on a journey which took him past the easiest to get to school because another school had a perceived edge. Having said that, there are sometimes seemingly trivial things which are important to you and your son which might sway a decision. No football at Chis & Sids for example, as discussed on another thread. We were influenced a few years ago by the fact that Bexley Grammar didn't have a year 7 cricket team.

Having done the open evening rounds several times in the last few years, the one at Beths is head and shoulders above the rest so you should have an enjoyable experience tomorrow evening. Unlike other schools where you struggle to park in one of the neighbouring streets, aren't guided round the school very well, Beths is the rolls royce of open evenings! You can park on site and will be directed from the second you enter the school premises. You will be shown where to park and directed to where you can collect a guide who will stay by your side all evening.

My son was a top scorer last year so could have gone to any grammar school. We (and he) had no hesitation in choosing Beths. Admittedly we were influenced by having another son there, but it does show that we had been given no reason over the previous years to think of it as anything other than an excellent school.
dani*

Re: Which School next?

Post by dani* »

We looked last year and I really liked the HT at Bexley, however we live walking distance away from a good GS. Personally, I like the idea of walking to school and keep the travelling time to a minimum, unless ofcourse one of the schools has something to offer for your child which makes it a clear front runner.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now