question re denmark/ribston and risking place

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

yoohoo1234

question re denmark/ribston and risking place

Post by yoohoo1234 »

Hello all. This is my first time on here and first experience of the 11 plus.I am really impressed with the wealth of advice on this forum and think it is such a supportive place :D
I would soo appreciate some advice. My DD got 214 Denmark Road and 218 Ribston. :D really proud but also realise not high flying scores. My question is ..would it be a big gamble to put Denmark first? would it mean she could loose out on Ribston place if misses Denmark place and meanwhile Ribston has filled with 'first choicers'. Bit unsure if it would be risky for her and she should just go for Ribston as first preference to be safe. would possibly try for Denmark place if no risk involved. Thank you everyone!
hermanmunster

Re: question re denmark/ribston and risking place

Post by hermanmunster »

I am no Gloucs expert but a basic rule for all CAFs is that it makes no difference where you put a place. You are considered for the first school you qualify for so: if you put DR first but don't get in you will be considered equally as a 218 at Ribston with others who also got the same score EVEN if they put it first on the CAF
yoohoo1234

Post by yoohoo1234 »

Thankyou hermanmunster, this is all new to me and any advice is much apprecitated.
pixiequeen

Post by pixiequeen »

Herman is right - if it's Denmark Road you want for your DD then put it first. If she doesn't get it then Ribston moves up to be her first choice.

Pixiequeen
yoohoo1234

Post by yoohoo1234 »

Thankyou for replying! thats great. Think DD was initially disappointed ( as so many others have experienced...practice scores where high 90% range ) but so relieved to have passed. Hearing about other's higher scores also didnt do a lot for her confidence. (didnt want to get into comparing scores but unfortunately other kids did). The whole thing as parents has given us a very wierd proud and nervous feeling all at the same time!