appeal advice

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

meg7jack10

appeal advice

Post by meg7jack10 »

hi as anybody any advice on appeals my child got 210 and pass the was 220 , but is going under assesments for dyspraxia as handwriting not neat . Have i got a chance of appeal ? please as broken hearted child as all friends passed .
hermanmunster

Re: appeal advice

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Meg7Jack10 - which area are you in?

Have you had a look at the appeals FAQ - lots of info there?

will get the link:

here it is: http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/11plus ... nswers.php
meg7jack10

Post by meg7jack10 »

we are in lincolnshire
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Ah we need a bit of local advice from Alex -

Which school is it ? Some like Kings tend to end up with slightly higher pass marks depending on how many pass.

I'll see if there is any past info on line about appeals

edit: try having a search on here - the word appeals appears lots of times in the Lincolnshire forum - go to Search at the top of the page then search for "appeal" in the lincolnshire forum... might be some help re numbers there
meg7jack10

Post by meg7jack10 »

the school is kestevern girls grantham
Alex

Post by Alex »

Welcome and I am so sorry you have been disappointed.

In Lincolnshire terms with a score 10 below you do have a big hill to climb. You will need very compelling evidence of academic ability and a good explanation of why she could not show this in the tests. I think your first port of call should be your primary school. Did they expect your DD to pass? Do they feel that she has ability that is difficult for her to show in the test situation? Will they be able to support you with evidence if you decide to appeal? If your DD is found to have dyspraxia you will need to find out from the doctor/paediatrician whether and to what extent this might have affected her performance in the tests. How does it affect her day to day school work? Would particular measures help her to show her ability better? If you can get really strong evidence and support to show that she has the ability and that the dyspraxia (or any other relevant factors) prevented her from showing her true ability in the tests then you have some chance with a non-qualification appeal.

If you live fairly near to the school in its "natural" area then if you got through the non-qualification part of an appeal you would have a very strong chance of getting through the oversubscription part if the school is oversubscribed.

If you do decide to go ahead with an appeal there will be plenty of people here ready to advise you and support you.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now