Distances travelled to Grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Milla

Distances travelled to Grammar

Post by Milla »

OOC_dad wrote:Hi All,

We have just open the results letters, as our DD2 wanted to open them herself when she got back from school (much to the frustration of my wife).

GOOD NEWS !!!! She was in the 120 for Pates and also passed for SHS. :)

We are both over the moon !!! :D

We are planning for DD2 to take the Kendrick test (in Reading) as my DD1 is in that school.
Er??? Gloucestershire??? Reading??? This cannot be for real! I thought Bristol was crazy (sorry, Bristolmom!! :D :D) but M4, M5?? People!! What's going on! This is a school!
[img]http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/47/47055t4vjrz296r.gif[/img]
Amber

Re: 2010 School / score / rank comparisons

Post by Amber »

Milla wrote:

We have just open the results letters, as our DD2 wanted to open them herself when she got back from school (much to the frustration of my wife).

We are planning for DD2 to take the Kendrick test (in Reading) as my DD1 is in that school.
Er??? Gloucestershire??? Reading??? This cannot be for real! I thought Bristol was crazy (sorry, Bristolmom!! :D :D) but M4, M5?? People!! What's going on! This is a school!
(Hauls elephant back into room - well, someone has to do it)

A school which lots of people in Gloucestershire would rather like their children to go to, but for which there are only 120 places..
Milla

Post by Milla »

are we finally (herding elephant around to peek out from behind) finally ... singing (or in my case creaking badly) from the same hymn sheet*?? (*other religious songs are available)
Amber

Post by Amber »

Milla wrote:are we finally (herding elephant around to peek out from behind) finally ... singing (or in my case creaking badly) from the same hymn sheet*?? (*other religious songs are available)
Well, I am waiting for the stampede of out of county elephants to trample me underfoot - so what do you think would be an appropriate hymn? 'And did those feet, in ancient time...'?
OOC_dad

Post by OOC_dad »

Milla wrote:

:D I am glad to see the schools don't subscribe to this insular ideology
cairo

Post by cairo »

I think we are just all intrigued to hear what the school run will look like in your house!

Congratulations to your daughter by the way.
Amber

Post by Amber »

OOC_dad wrote:
Milla wrote:

:D I am glad to see the schools don't subscribe to this insular ideology
I suppose it depends which side of the island you live on, hey? I guess if you were the last one off the waiting list not to get in, and maybe you lived on the closest side to Pate's, watching the school run ships sail by, you might just subscribe to it too.
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

I think I've read everything now. There's a boy at our son's school (SW B'ham) commutes from Derbyshire. I'm curious to know what this sort of parent proposes to do when it snows and they get stuck 30-40-50 miles from home in a strange city. Or do they just assume the school will sort it out for them?

Mike
Milk

Post by Milk »

Congratulations to OCC_dad and Bristolmom on their children's great achievement. However, IMHO, if parents want their children to go to one of this county's schools, they should move here... :wink:
muminTewkes

Post by muminTewkes »

I think thats put MY agonising over the "trek"from here to (possibly)Cheltenham/Gloucester in perspective!
Congratulations-your DC has done well...I am assuming/hoping it may be that you have a second home close to Reading?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now