whats the pass rate this year

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

whats the pass rate this year

Post by Guest »

does anyone know the pass rate in the south east kent this year. are the grammer schools over subscribed or under i wonder. was talking to one mum who said at her school out of 90 pupils only 5 passed , is this about right for most schools ????
guest1

Post by guest1 »

Are you looking at any area in particular? Apart from the highly selective grammar schools, who select the highest scores only, the Kent pass mark for this year was 120/120/115. The 115 is applicable to any of the three papers. These scores are out of 140. For the pass marks for the Tonbridge/Tunbridge Wells highly selective schools, you will find the required scores on the other threads on this subject. Hope this answers your question!
guest1

Post by guest1 »

Sorry, I forgot to mention that all the Tonbridge/Tunbridge Wells schools are oversubsribed, as usual! However, we have gained a place at Tunbridge Wells Boys Grammar, which was our 1st choice.
guest1

Post by guest1 »

More apologies in your question on number of pupils passing. This figure varies a great deal between primary schools and especially between the independent/state sector. My children go to a very average achieving school and out of the 6 who took the test, 5 passed, and were all tutored. There are 24 in the class. This is quite low compared to some of the other schools in the area, most of whom seem to be tutored, whether private or state.
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Does any one actually know the cut off mark for schools in Tonbridge and Tunbridge wells.Lowest score I know of for TGS is 414.What about the others?
guest77

Post by guest77 »

Hi, could I also request break down of marks:i.e. cut off for TWGS and TOGS as in area, then cut off for TOGS as out of area and also interested to know if anyone was offered a "Governor's place" at TWGS. If so, where did they live?

I know this is being discussed on other Tonbridge thread, but keen to find out as much info as possible to prepare for next year and difficult decisions ahead.

Many thanks
guest1

Post by guest1 »

I only the know the boys info! Judd was 413 and Skinners 404. If no-one sends you a reply, then I would ring the schools in question, who would be able to let you know exactly. They must have a hotline for this info at the moment, so now is a good time.
Out-of-area

What's the pass rate this year

Post by Out-of-area »

We were told that the cut-off score for the new governors' places this year at TWGGS was 408.
guest1

Post by guest1 »

Sorry to sound ignorant but can someone explain these "governor" places, and is it only associated with TWGGS? Haven't heard anything of this on the boys side of things!

Thanks!
guest77

Post by guest77 »

Hi
On visit to TWGGS last term, we were told that there are (I think) 14 governor's places on offer. From what we understood, it was a little vague, these are places which can be offered to girls slightly outside catchment and this is what we were hoping to discover. Exactly how far out of catchment can you be to qualify for a place and what marks you should excede to put you in a position to qualify for place. Any help welcome on this issue.

TOGS, on the other hand, make it clear that every year (until it changes!) there are at least 35 places which can be awarded to girls who live out of area. These out of area girls must score more highly than in area girls to get place. This is also what I would be interested in knowing, how high the scores were this year for out of area girls. We are out of area!!

Many thanks
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now