Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Skippy

Dartford vs Beths

Post by Skippy »

Help needed please??

Having difficulty deciding between the two,
I realise it's an enviable decision to have but a hard one nonetheless.

Can anyone give me an idea of the differences between the two. Any experiences?

I can't seem to find much between them academically but get the feeling Beths is a bit more rounded in their approach, a little more of a fun factor maybe?? Am I right in saying that?

Have already taken travel into account and there's no real difference in time so I'm finding it hard, also I can't help feeling that because he's got a high enough score for dartford that we're somehow throwing away an opportunity ?

Starting to feel confused so I thought I'd give a cry for help!!!
Anyinfo will be gratefully received good or bad

Thank you.
Bexley Mum 2

Re: Dartford vs Beths

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Skippy - I've pm'd you.
trumpet

Re: Dartford vs Beths

Post by trumpet »

Could we have views out on the forum please as this is also something I would be interested in. I have a son at Beths but am also concidering Dartford for my younger son.
inspired2win

Dartford and Beths

Post by inspired2win »

Would like to know opinions of others. If you had a choice between both schools, which one would you go for and why?

Thanks
trumpet

Re: Dartford and Beths

Post by trumpet »

There are two almost identical threads here. Can anyone move\merge???
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

I've merged the threads to consolidate information.
suzieflooz

Post by suzieflooz »

Hi

Congrats on having such a nice dilemma. My DS was in the same position two years ago. We chose Beths based on the feel of the school and the open evening events ( particuarly the PE displays) but then my son is very sporty. As you have said academically the differences are minimal with maybe the biggest difference being that Dartford studies the IB in 6 th form. I know boys at Dartford who are all very happy but I can honestly say that Beths is a brilliant school and my son has thrived. There are not many head teachers that go to away rugby and football matches on a freezing cold saturday morning but I have seen Beths head on the side line on numerous occasions. My son has academically perfomed above expectations and loves the sport, he was a guide on Tuesday and at the PE on Monday eve and wanted to do both because he is very proud of his shool. I am sure there are many parents who can say the same about Dartford though so your choice has to be right for you and your ds. Good luck.
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Agree with what you say about the HT at Beths Susieflooz. If he's on the premises then he's out at every home sporting event and I've also seen him at many away fixtures on a weekend. He knows all the boys' names and is immensely proud of their achievements. He will always go over and talk to the boys at the end of a game - win or lose - and offer them support and encouragement.

Having done the rounds of open evenings several times in recent years, I've heard HTs talk passionately about their school - only to find that a year or two later they've moved on from the school they loved so much. I think the HT at Beths is genuinely committed to the school and getting the best out of his boys.
Lalaloon

Post by Lalaloon »

We are fortunate to be in a similar situation and comparing the 2 schools open evenings made it an easy choice for us.
BETHS put on a fantastic open evening. The Y11 who showed us round was polite, confident and fantastic with DS, ushering him around the activities on show.
Dartford was a polar opposite. Wander around on your own, getting lost with plenty of other parents. Many of the boys at the school seemed more interested in using the classrooms as playgrounds for their own amusement. I felt as we were not shown round, there was no chance to talk to a student so consequently, it was very difficult to get a feel for the school.
I know students at both schools, who are all happy at their respective school, and academically there is little to chose between them. Although it seems an age away, I guess it depends on whether you prefer A levels or IB.

Also, don't fancy the Dartford Y7 rugby every Saturday morning. I was told it's not compulsory but it is encouraged.....
inspired2win

Post by inspired2win »

This tread is getting very interesting, I am also in a smillar postion, but for transport DG is easier bcos of the coach however DS prefers Beths.

Does anyone know if Beths tell their children to come for Rugby in year 7?

Thanks