cut off scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Raquel

cut off scores

Post by Raquel »

Hello
I am very new to this and just wondered when we are likely to know the cut off scores. Will we have to wait until March
We are looking at Togs
Does anybody know
x
westkent

Re: cut off scores

Post by westkent »

Yes , the cut off score will only be clear when they have allocated 105 places plus 35 Govornors' (is that spelt correctly?!) places on March 1st.

Last year it was 405 I think and 407 for the Gov places. Previous year was higher, I think 407 and 412. These do reduce once some places have been refused.
idc

Post by idc »

As stated above last year it was 405 on the 1st cut. This went down to 401 after refusals. It is always about the same.
kentsussexborder

Post by kentsussexborder »

This year the out of area score didn't move down from 407 even at second allocation. I know a child who scored 407, missed out due to distance (less than 7 miles away) and was still no 2 on the waiting list after the second round. This would seem to imply that either no-one out of area refused a place who was offered it, or there were an awful lot of girls clustered about the 407 mark.
Ang's mom

Post by Ang's mom »

kentsussexborder wrote:This year the out of area score didn't move down from 407 even at second allocation. I know a child who scored 407, missed out due to distance (less than 7 miles away) and was still no 2 on the waiting list after the second round. This would seem to imply that either no-one out of area refused a place who was offered it, or there were an awful lot of girls clustered about the 407 mark.

On the open morning (yest), I spoke to Mrs Hull(Hall?), the admissions lady. She said last year (Sept 2010 entry), there were around 7-8 OOC girls who got 407 and they could only offer it to 3 or 4 girls, based on distance .
Ang's mom

Post by Ang's mom »

Raquel wrote:Hello
I am very new to this and just wondered when we are likely to know the cut off scores. Will we have to wait until March
We are looking at Togs
Does anybody know
x

What is your DD's score? If it is above 410 (for OOC), you stand a good chance.
Raquel

Post by Raquel »

Thanks for your comments. I Find it so stressful the waiting!! Thought all the stress would go once scores received but it seems you just dont know until March!!! My DD's Score was above 410 it was 415 but we are out of catchment. Hopefully okay as she wants to go there!!! As best friend going to togs and is in catchment!
Flybynight

Post by Flybynight »

Raquel, I think you will be absolutely fine with that mark. TGS have never historically had a higher cut-off than that. Also this year apparently there were less girls sitting the 11+ and less passed.

Good Luck!
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

I agree - absolutey no need to spend even a minute worrying. This is such a stressful business and you really don't need to worry. Relax and enjoy your dds excellent score. Well done to her.
committed

Post by committed »

Hi Flybynight. I'm interested in where you got the information about the number of girls sitting the Kent Test and the number passing. Can you link to where you got the info? Mnay thanks. C.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now