My polls.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Do you think these polls are useful enough to sticky.

Yes
89%
No
11%

Total votes: 19

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Tolstoy

My polls.

Post by Tolstoy »

Rather than people having to fath around trying to work out how much prep they need to be doing in order to get a place at their chosen Grammar I thought it might be good to have these polls that visitors to the site can look at in the future. People are more likely to be honest in an anonymous poll than in posts. Also they are very direct, none of this I only did a couple of papers which could mean from 1 to 100 :?

I don't know enough about how the two Stroud Schools work so would appreciate someone else putting up polls for those two schools.

It would be really good if we can get as many stats as possible on them but I have realised you can only tick for one child. Don't know how to get around that as I was hoping to fill in Stats for DC whose parents don't use the site, plus can only put down Stats for one of my own DC. Though fortunately they are the same for both but it will affect the percentages.

Finally do you think these would be worthy worthy of a sticky? There are a lot of them but couldn't really work out a better way of doing it sorry. If someone has any other ideas on how to get information out in a concise way then we can adapt them.
Tessiebear

Re: My polls.

Post by Tessiebear »

These are good but also think it would be a good idea to sticky the scores/rankings post as I found that really useful last year and it is for people in year particularly when people also say which of their choices they are taking up and which they are leaving for others. If you are on a waiting list it must be nice to see people declining their places! :D
Tolstoy

Re: My polls.

Post by Tolstoy »

Yes I agree with that Tessie.

Gloucestermum's splitting of it has kept it focused and informative but it will have disappeared by the time people want it next year.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now