city of London home visit and offer

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
quest

city of London home visit and offer

Post by quest »

city of London school boys principal and sponsor were visited to a house
explainning the parent that their son can go to that school, all will be paid including his uniform,travel expenses , school fee expect he need to take packed lunch. But this mother stiil does not want to send the child to that school :( strange. But she need to let school know by 22nd Marcch. (before other grammer schools result out)

Post by Guest »

I think if the family is relatively poor and the other kids at the school are rich he might feel a bit left out. If that is the Mum's thinking, I don't blame her. With independent schools there is always something going on like a trip or extra things that aren't included in a bursury/scholarship.

Did you mean 22nd February? The Grammar results are published on 2nd March. The school isn't stupid, if they want the kid that much then surely they will wait another week, not try and pressure the parents. Does she have to pay a deposit anyway? If not just say yes and retract later.

Post by Guest »

Why did she let her son sit the test if she's not intererested in the school? I hope the school offers the place to a deserving family on the waiting list.
quesst

Post by quesst »

Anonymous wrote:I think if the family is relatively poor and the other kids at the school are rich he might feel a bit left out. If that is the Mum's thinking, I don't blame her. With independent schools there is always something going on like a trip or extra things that aren't included in a bursury/scholarship.

Did you mean 22nd February? The Grammar results are published on 2nd March. The school isn't stupid, if they want the kid that much then surely they will wait another week, not try and pressure the parents. Does she have to pay a deposit anyway? If not just say yes and retract later.
She does need to pay deposit but she has to sigh the contract also the child get to go all the trips and pocket money paid by the school. How lucky! :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now