kendrick test 2010

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
stressedparent

kendrick test 2010

Post by stressedparent »

I have received my DD details for the Kendrick 11 plus test on the 19th Nov'. What surprised me and found strange is that you are not allowed to bring any pencils with rubber on top or rubbers; they state if your DD brings any, they will be confiscated. I am astonished and puzzled to the reasons for this. Any tips or answers to this bizarre request appreciated!

stressedparent
stressedparent
stevew61

Re: kendrick test 2010

Post by stevew61 »

For NFER standard format tests the instructions to candidate include something along the lines of,
If you wish to alter an answer, put in the alteration clearly. You will not lose marks for crossing out.
As the VR format is a bit of a speed test, 100 Qs, I guess they are trying to help by encouraging candidates not to waste time rubbing out?
Complete Novice

Post by Complete Novice »

I also noticed this on our Kendrick confirmation and was quite worried about it. DD is incredibly messy and I just hate to think what her exam paper could look like at the end of it without a rubber! :(

Does anyone know whether Kendrick allow scrap paper for workings out or is it all done on the paper?

CN
stressedparent

Post by stressedparent »

Hi to All,

The exam went well today. DD has managed to finish the test with time for checking. She came out very pleased and said the test was easier than Nonsuch and The Slough consortium test. Time will tell. We have managed to do a lot of Christmas shopping to pass the time. All the best to all of you.
stressedparent
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

stressedparent wrote:Hi to All,

The exam went well today. DD has managed to finish the test with time for checking. She came out very pleased and said the test was easier than Nonsuch and The Slough consortium test. Time will tell. We have managed to do a lot of Christmas shopping to pass the time. All the best to all of you.
Pleased to hear that. :)

The rumour at Reading was that over 700 sat for Kendrick. :shock:
mummytroubles

Post by mummytroubles »

DD also found the tests very straightforward - which is always slightly worrying! Maybe she was just well prepared!!

All the girls I saw come out seemed very happy so I wonder how they will get a cigarette paper between them - I hope they don't decide to award marks for neatness!!

I have full chapter and verse from DD on what came up which I will post about once it's allowed if future candidates are interested.

At the morning session I would say there were around 250 parents waiting to collect their DDs

MT
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Good to hear it went well mummytroubles!

Any information regarding test would be greatly appreciated by future candidates, especially as Kendrick data is a tad thin on the ground. Also appreciate that you will wait until late sitters have completed their tests :D

~Thanks

BW
sgcmum

Post by sgcmum »

dd came out happy as well.said it was easier than the ones she did previously.
the standard format and no erasers didnt pose any problems.

sgcmum.
Complete Novice

Post by Complete Novice »

DD also found the test reasonable and completed both VR and NVR with plenty of time to spare. This is obviously encouraging but I am also a bit worried that it seemed so straightforward as this means surely not much room for careless errors which are a bit of a speciality for DD. :roll:

Oh well, pleased it's over and off to have large glass of wine. :D

CN