can my daughter get in??

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
clueless123

can my daughter get in??

Post by clueless123 »

We live around 3 hours from Birmingham and may be moving to Birmingham next summer(2011).My daughter is 10 (year 5) and is in a private school. I have read few of the posts in this forum and realise that it is very dificult to get into KEschools.
There are no grammar schools in our area so I dont have a clue.There are not tutors either.
She is a bright girl- dont know what level she is in maths or english. I will have to check her assessment from last year(may be 4c/5 if this makes any sense)
She is a voracious reader(currently readinf swallows and amazon) and is very good at arithematics.How do I go about preparing her.She is under no pressure as we dont live in Birmingham.She has a well rounded education- musically talented (grade 4-5 in piano/cello and good but not excellent in sports)
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Re: can my daughter get in??

Post by DIY Mum »

She sounds like a bright girl if she's around level 4 in Maths / English at Y4!

For KEGs the areas tested are Mathematics (long and short questions), English Vocabulary, Cloze tests (which tests comprehension, vocabulary and spelling skills all in one exercise) and comprehension (multiple choice). There's also NVR.

There are a range of books you could use (available at this site). For example: English and Maths- Bond books Schofield and Sims, A-E etc.

For the NVR, you'll need to do a wide range as the KEG's NVR is very different. Or you could make up your own using some of the information on this site! :wink:
clueless123

Re: can my daughter get in??

Post by clueless123 »

thanks diy mum. I will start the preparation after christmas if we are moving to that area.