Reading & Kendrick 2010 exam - countdown

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
stevew61

Reading & Kendrick 2010 exam - countdown

Post by stevew61 »

Good luck everyone for Friday the 19th.

Looks like a foggy day, traffic will be terrible, we are planning to catch the bus and walk the last few yards.

Hope they all go in and come out happy, having done their best. :)

Then only 101 days until the 1st of March 2011, Room 101 anyone? :twisted:
Complete Novice

Re: Reading & Kendrick 2010 exam - countdown

Post by Complete Novice »

Best of luck to your DS Steve and to everyone else sitting tomorrow's tests. Let's hope they all do themselves justice.

I can't quite believe this day has come around so quickly and that we are doing this all again this year. DD is getting pretty nervous now, can't wait until tomorrow night!

Meanwhile ,DS is busy today setting up the tables for the tests tomorrow at Reading and was told at school that they had had a record number or applications this year. I imagine it will be the same for Kendrick :(

Will be thinking of you tomorrow morning Steve, we have the afternoon slot at Kendrick so have a little bit longer to fret!
CN
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

CN thank you and good luck for your DD.
DS is busy today setting up the tables for the tests tomorrow at Reading and was told at school that they had had a record number or applications this year. I imagine it will be the same for Kendrick
Record numbers? I didn't want to hear that, I think it increases most years, next year numbers might be up after the recent Sunday Times review.

DS had funny feeling last night, nerves I thought, no he was concerned about having enough food as it was a long day. :)

Second time around I feel much calmer, hope it lasts. :)

Saturday is a rest day, Harry Potter at the cinema, and Sunday start a two year countdown for DD and Kendrick 2012. :shock:

This parenting lark seems to be 24*365 for life. :lol: :lol:
Complete Novice

Post by Complete Novice »

On the bright side Steve, last year, about 25 boys failed to show on the day after applying to sit the test. I already know of one boy who has decided not to sit the test after all.

Anyone else out there getting nervous for tomorrow?

CN
ks

Post by ks »

All the very best for tomorrow to Stevew61, Complete Novice, Mummytroubles and any others doing Kendrick or Reading boys exams this year. Then it's just the very long wait from then to results day to contend with.

The current Kendrick girls are looking forward to tomorrow - they 6th form have hired a whole screen (360 seats) at vue cinema in Reading and have sold discounted seats for new Harry Potter film (with a donation to children in need for each seat) to the girls.

ks
Torrylee

Post by Torrylee »

Thinking of all of you who have been preparing for tomorrow's tests. Particular good wishes to Steve who has given so much to this forum - hope all your expertise pays off for your son!

Torrylee
mummytroubles

Post by mummytroubles »

Thank you everyone for your good luck wishes and help during this run up. We're the morning session at Kendrick tomorrow so already on the countdown for getting DD to bed early tonight!!
melodycool

Post by melodycool »

My daughter is also in the morning sitting for Kendrick tomorrow. She seems quite calm but I'm a wreck!
We're going by train, with my OH responsible for getting the younger kids to school on time - I don't know what to worry more about, really!
Good luck to all.
sgcmum

Post by sgcmum »

dd has the morning session as well.i hope its not too foggy to drive.
this is the last exam for her this term.cant wait for it to finish.
and yes, harry potter on saturday or sunday.
thanks for all the wishes and goodluck everyone.

sgcmum.
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Good Luck for tomorrow Steve :D (will be thinking of you walking up and down outside the gates, weather permiting :wink:)
Will have fingers crossed for your DS!!!

Good luck to all... CN, Mummytroubles, Melody cool and sgcmum.
The upside is you won't have to see another VR or NVR paper for a very long time and can sit back and enjoy Christmas :D
This time tomorrow it will all be behind you!

:D

BW
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now