Today's test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
moved

Today's test

Post by moved »

This is a reminder that there are still children waiting to sit in a couple of weeks time so please do not post any test details.

Although the test is different it will be broadly similar.

Now your DC can relax and enjoy the rest of year 6.
Essex_Dad

Re: Today's test

Post by Essex_Dad »

moved wrote:This is a reminder that there are still children waiting to sit in a couple of weeks time so please do not post any test details.

Although the test is different it will be broadly similar.

Now your DC can relax and enjoy the rest of year 6.
Totally agree 'moved' we just arrived home after the morning session, DD feel's confident she done well (god bless her), anyhow she mentioned of a DC doing the first two papers and was going to come back in two weeks to do the VR.

Waiting now 1st March :D
expatessexmom

Post by expatessexmom »

Hi,
I have been following this board for a while, but have never posted. My DS is sitting the test right now at KEGs and I am an absolute bundle of nerves. I was trying not to be tearful as he was walking down the hall with the others, but it was tough.

I'm just curious though, how they could do the first two papers and come back later to take the other one. I thought you had to take the whole test at once, either today or during the makeup exam in December? I saw two boys arriving very late as I was standing outside the gates chatting with some others after we left them. I feel really sorry for those boys as the test had already started.

Anyway good luck to all your DC! :)
DiW

Post by DiW »

I can't believe it's all over - such a relief! I was really worried that when I went to collect my DD she would be in tears but apart from looking pretty tired she seems fine. I'm really trying to resist the urge to interrogate her about every detail of the tests but it's taking all my willpower! just have to wait till March now...
colchestermum

Post by colchestermum »

I too had made a promise not to talk about it afterwards however my DS came out wanting to discuss it. He said that he found the English and Maths easier than the two most recent mocks and the VR harder but that he put an answer for every single question didn't run out of time and is pretty confident. This has actually made me more nervous!! He actually told his dad on the phone after it was easy. Now I'm stressing that this is a bad sign!! I can only hope that last years paper (especially English) was harder than this years!
moved

Post by moved »

If you want details you can ask on here after the second test. Otherwise, try and forget about it until March.
DiW

Post by DiW »

My dd did say that the English passage was more interesting than those she had done previously - English is her weakest area but she thought it went ok. She finished all the papers and said she only had to guess a couple so we shall see. To be honest she's just pleased to be able to relax and do her own thing this afternoon without me nagging her to do practise papers!
colchestermum

Post by colchestermum »

I am trying to forget about it until march ......, easier said than done!!

I am so proud of him and his mature attitude and I'm sure in a couple of days I will think about it less!!

Thanks moved and everyone for your invaluable support and advice! I will let you know in March!!
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

When arriving today to check in DD I was verbally asked and then made to sign a form declaring that she was fit and well to take the test. OH doesn't remember doing this with DS 2 years ago. Is it something new? are they trying to ensure there is no grounds for appealing due to ill health?
moved

Post by moved »

Never heard of this before. I will ask my pupils. They have taken the exam in at least five of the schools.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now