Test Tomorrow

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bustwinks

Test Tomorrow

Post by bustwinks »

Hi all, my DD is taking her 11+ tomorrow......any ideas of how to get through the next 24 hours......cant get anything done.

My only consolation is that at her Sats in year 5 she got all 5b's.....but is this enough to pass the 11+ ????
First-timer

Re: Test Tomorrow

Post by First-timer »

Depends on where you are and what the exam entails. The 11+ and SATS don't necessarily measure the same thing. Level 5 across the board is good, though.
bustwinks

Post by bustwinks »

Thanks for your reply first timer, we are in
.Dorset, they dont do NVR. Not many Grammers round here, infact only 4 kids from here school taking the exam, we are out of catchment and County area, but that is ok, as the school bus passes our road.
2Girlsmum

Post by 2Girlsmum »

DD sat exams for her 1st choice school yesterday, and I I wandered the shops on shaky legs unable to each lunch (she sat 4 papers and was at the school 6hrs 45mins) wilst dd, who took the day off work hid in his workshop drilling holes into metal for a few hours :shock:
dutchess

Post by dutchess »

Hi, my DD is sitting her exam tomorrow too. We're fairly chilled about it actually, I have stopped her doing a charity swim at her swim club tonight as I thought that would make her too tired for the morning. Other than that, she's just sat and done the few practice qn's which came from the grammer school and she'll be off to bed early as she is not a morning person at all :roll: As for me, I've not had anyone else to chat to about it as DD is only child in her school doing exam so haven't had any parent pressure which I can only think is a good thing, so no worries here, in fact it's unlikely I'll take her in morning either as I'm not a morning person either :wink:
bustwinks

Post by bustwinks »

same here really, only 2 girls and 4 boys taking it.

but oh no it's SNOWING!!! hopes it not cancelled!
mandylou22

Post by mandylou22 »

Nearly whole class is doing it at our school and some have done two or three tests for various schools!! Its mad!! everyone i know seems to have had tutors and 11+ prep take over there lives for months.. I wouldn't mind but we have really good comps here so its not like it would mean a bad education. But still want him to do well because its what he wants!