Future of Herts school transport services under consultation

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

busybeenfun

Future of Herts school transport services under consultation

Post by busybeenfun »

Herfordshire County Council have initiated a public consultation on their future 'Home to School transport policy'. A copy of the consultation document can be found at http://www.hertsdirect.org/docs/pdf/h/h2stcons" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . The consultation is open until 26th January 2011.

It is possible that Herts school bus routes (these are the 8XX or E bus services) will have their subsidy cut or at worse, whole routes axed.

As a working parent with another child in primary school it will be extremely difficult for our DD to get from home to her school (Queens') if the bus service is stopped. As the 803 route that she gets currently is busy I am sure that we are not the only family who will be impacted if the routes are stopped. An increase in cost will be hard but manageable and has to be preferable to no bus service at all.

I know that many pupils who attend the SW Consortium schools rely on these bus services so wanted to share this with forum parents. I found out about it on our primary school newsletter. We have had nothing from Queens'.
watfordmum66

Re: Future of Herts school transport services under consulta

Post by watfordmum66 »

HCC has to make massive savings due to Goverment funding being reduced and they have to examine every possible revenue stream.

My Ds also uses the bus and I have expressed my opinions but not feeling very optomisitic. I agree that it could make life tricky.
tense

Re: Future of Herts school transport services under consulta

Post by tense »

I imagine the owners of Mullany's will be rubbing their hands in glee at this news.

As you say busybeenfun, an increase in cost is probably better than no bus at all though (I pay about £700 a year for my DD's school service - I'm guessing that's more than a Herts bus).
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now