Effects of the snow

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
littlebaker

Effects of the snow

Post by littlebaker »

Hi everyone. As I'm out of the area I just wondered how the buses to and from the GS had coped during the snow - are they still running and can they be relied upon? I'm just interested to know if they give up at the first sign of snow or whether they can be relied upon if you live quite a way from the school and have no alternative. Also have the schools stayed open? Thanks everyone. :)
Milla

Re: Effects of the snow

Post by Milla »

yes and yes to Tommy's (Bennetts) and Pate's (Marchants) travelling from north of Cheltenham.
Last year Bennetts responded to the schools. Peter B said that if the school was open, they'd get a bus there. Bennetts are great. Wasn't at Pate's last year so don't know but didn't hear anything adverse.
turtleglos

Post by turtleglos »

Snow,what snow??? :lol: We have a very light coating here that looks just like icing sugar dusted over. None of our local schools should have felt the need to close yet. Will let you know what happens if/when we get "proper" snow.
Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will think it is stupid.
littlebaker

Post by littlebaker »

Sorry turtleglos, without being in the area it's difficult to know how much snow you had. Considering you've only had a light dusting maybe my question isn't appropriate. We've not had to rely on school buses before and I just wondered how reliable they were when the going got tough.
turtleglos

Post by turtleglos »

Thats ok. My dcs are feeling a little left out as they see snow everywhere except here(their aunt let them know she had cleared a foot and a half off her car before asking them if they were enjoying it!) :lol:
I know the feeling though, I plan to check the schools as well when/if we get any snow. I will let you know....
Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will think it is stupid.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Tommies did have to shut for a couple of days last year due to snow. Suited us as we were away skiing at the time and racking up the unauthorised absences. However when we came back there was another downfall and although the school stayed open our Colfordian bus didn't run as the local schools were closed and they felt the roads were not safe. We live the Forest side of Gloucestershire. I live on my own in the week with three other children so wasn't prepared to risk all of us by driving there so he stayed home. The snow was heavy.